What are yours?

I usually have a quick shower in a morning and a shower in the evening.

Had a discussion with one of my relatives who was scoffing at the 'silly' idea of having a shower/bath in the evening. I told him that people want to go to bed fresh, clean and in winter in particularly, warm. But he wasn'thaving it and said I was accusing UKers of being smelly. (I wasn't but decided not to persue that one!!)

What's your routine? I would be interested to know what the 'norms' if any might be in different places.

friend

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shower in the morning, very rarely have one before going to bed. In summer I often have shower 3 times aday cos its so hot n sweaty. My brother's girlfriend would only have a shower before going to bed, not in the morning

Had a friend in Oz who'd have 6 showers a day in summer. Used a lot of towels, too.

I had lived in places where rainwater from the roof is the only supply unless you buy water. Your lifestyle gets a real review when you really ration water. ie: 30 seconds of dribbling shower and maybe 5 second burst in the end.

I was lucky to live near the water under those circumstances. Once on an island and other times I had access to water holes along creeks.

In nature, detergents, shampoo and sun cream affects endangered frogs breeding in their habitat. Can you dig that ?

Shower every 2nd day that I'm at work. Rarely wash on days off work.

In summer may up it to once a day on work days if it's particularly warm but that doesn't happen too often in Hokkaido. So on average 3 times a week.

Shower daily (at least - more if very hot - like over 35 max!) Either evening if working outside - like at weekend - or in the morning if going to the office.

Cannot stand being hot and sweaty into bed, so will shower in the evening if the day has been particularly hot!

Originally Posted By: Go Native
Shower every 2nd day that I'm at work. Rarely wash on days off work.
In summer may up it to once a day on work days if it's particularly warm but that doesn't happen too often in Hokkaido. So on average 3 times a week.

You smelly!
wink

At least 1 a day usually when I get back from work.

I can't imagine people not having at least a shower a day. Sounds like war-time Britain story my gran would tell me.

Wouldn't you feel freshened up with a quick shower, Go Native?

I have a quick one when I get up and another in the evening. Sometimes can get to an onsen but it's not that often unfortunately but I love a soak in one of them.

I can't imagine why people feel the need to shower every single day rach and truly fund it weirdly excessive to have more than one a day. And I rarely feel the need to be 'freshened' up.

Maybe it's my background in mountaineering, hiking, ski touring, etc. I've been on trips where I haven't been able to wash for up to 16 days. So having a shower every 2nd day seems rather luxurious to me. More than that and I'm sure I'd just go rusty. Do people really have such bad body odor or something that they must shower/bath every day? I don't...

Each day on the train and walking round London I am treated to some varying degrees of ponginess ranging from what are obviously not very clean clothes to slight sweaty smell to simply disgusting not-washed-for-ages fumes.

I often wonder if these people are aware of their pungent an very disagreeable odors.

I enjoy having a shower. I don7t particularly pong, just as much as the next guy I suppose. I think its weird if you don't have at least 1 a day, you brush your teeth at least.....right?

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps

Don't know about you but I sure don't have a shower to get rid of bad body odour.

Why else would you shower then? What's the point otherwise?
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
I think its weird if you don't have at least 1 a day, you brush your teeth at least.....right?

I live in Hokkaido where it's damned cold for around 6 months of the year and pleasantly mild for the other 6 months. If I lived down south and had to deal with the excessive heat and humidity then I'm sure I'd shower more often, maybe even more than once a day, but as it is I don't feel the need up here.

And although I have never had a filling or any problems with any of my teeth I'm afraid my dental hygiene regime is even far, far worse than my showering regiment biggrin

Each to his/her own I suppose.

Does Mrs GoNative allow you in her bed?

There's nobody getting in my bed without a shower, I can tell you!

wink

I know what you mean 2pints. When I am back in the UK I often notice a lot of dry sweat and frankly smelly people. More than here and considring the climate that surprises me. If they knew how smelly thery were surely they would do something about it.

Yuck!

Of course she does rach. One of the reasons I married her was that she aint like most other women I've met. We met in the mountaineering club at university and like me she is somewhat used to the idea that showering every single day of ones life is not essential. Of course if I do smell she will tell me.

I can't really see what being a woman has to do with it!

Does being in a mountaineering club at university mean you don't have particularly good personal hygeine or something?

confused