MB, I hope the Elna press wasn't a gift from someone else.

I'm sure MrsB would love one too, but I would get into all sorts of trouble if I gave her one (ahh, the matromonial vicious circle).

I hear you blu!

Although I would have loved to have received it as a gift. I am not really the diamonds and pearls kind of woman.

No...when Powder Baby, child number 4 was about a year old I was swamped with ironing - so I bought an OLD OLD OLD Elna Press through the 2nd hand sales paper we have here. It died last year. I almost had a coronary! Had the new one delivered within the week! thumbsup

Very worthwhile investment when you see what I have to iron each week multiplied by the better humor of the wife and mother who can rocket through the ironing in less than 1/4 of the time.

Happy Wife=Happy Life.

There are biodegradable waxes made from soybean oil available now. If you are not sure you want all the toxins and flurocarbons going back into the water table, give them a try.

i ride them now and my board slides fine. the only thing is that they generally have a higher melting point, so you need an iron with a high temp setting

I've never quite understood the need for ironing. Ok if I still had a job where I had to wear a suit to work I'd iron that but that would be about it. Other than that what do you need to iron? My wife and I get by without hardly ever ironing anything. Actually can barely remember the last time I saw my wife ironing! She's definitly a happy wife wink

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I've never quite understood the need for ironing. Ok if I still had a job where I had to wear a suit to work I'd iron that but that would be about it. Other than that what do you need to iron? My wife and I get by without hardly ever ironing anything. Actually can barely remember the last time I saw my wife ironing! She's definitly a happy wife wink

haha me too GN. I don't think I've ironed anything in about 5 years!! smile Even last week when I had to wear a suit to work for the Graduation ceremony at school. My suit was fine and didn't need ironed bt my shirt was a little creased. Hung it up in the room outside the shower and let the steam get rid of most of the wrinkles then put it on. By the time I got to school, the heat from my body took care of the rest. smile
When I tell me mum that I don't iron anything and that the iron I have I use for waxing my snowboard, she can't believe it!! lol
Gosh MB I'm sure most of them are old enough to iron their own uniforms!

rollabout
That's what women...particularly THIS woman ... is for [apparently]

Especially with such a sweet machine you're using there.

They always end up burning themselves!
I have to admit that since last year, when I was working almost full time I do have a lady (older lady; friend of the family) who comes and does some of it for me. I am not working as much at the moment, so I really don't need her anymore, but she is saving for a holiday and I SO LOVE not having to iron all those horrid collared shirts and put the crease in the pants ... she can stay for a while longer. wink I still personally use it at least once a week.

WTF??

Apart from the "office" shirts, I have zero ironing. And working 3 days a week means just 3 "office" shirts a week to be ironed. I have 3 weeks worth of such shirts, so ironing can be left for 3 weeks.

Tousers get dry cleaned (no ironing). Other shorts are polos, no ironing there either! If I had my druthers, I'd rather wear polos every day.

I do not get the "shirt, collar & tie" thing that office workers seen to believe is de rigeur. Ties are a hangover from the miner's sweat rag (a cloth worn around the neck to stop sweat running down the back) and are no actual benefit to a salaryman.

Regarding hot wax, I like using Toko for everything. Generally, I go with the JPY 1100 yellow/red depending on conditions. I tried the JPY 20,000 spray wax before... man do those things make you go fast o.O

Personally... I find that while there's a difference between a waxed/maintained ski/board and one that is not, there's not a huge difference in the wax you use or how you apply it. A lot of people are quite vocal about how you should do it (e.g. whether you have to use paper or not, how to heat/cool your skis before/after waxing etc etc) but after doing it every night, you'll only really be affected if you're doing races etc.

Too right! Ryoma, too right!

The differences brought about by changing the WAY you apply the wax and the type of wax you use are minimal compared to the difference between a clean and waxed and edged ski/board and a scratched and un-maintained one.

Originally Posted By: Ryoma

Personally... I find that while there's a difference between a waxed/maintained ski/board and one that is not, there's not a huge difference in the wax you use or how you apply it. A lot of people are quite vocal about how you should do it (e.g. whether you have to use paper or not, how to heat/cool your skis before/after waxing etc etc) but after doing it every night, you'll only really be affected if you're doing races etc.

I would very much agree with you there as well.