Originally Posted By: cableitoh
Here are the pics of the Vale cableitoh_2.JPG

For those not that familiar with the area the building in the foreground is Alpen Ridge and The Vale is the next one down.

Good Lord SantaCruz .... what more do you need for ski-in; ski-out?

Unless of course you were thinking it needed to be located mid slope so that you could ski down to the lift instead of just popping straight onto the lift.

Except for the days we took the car up to the Gondola or over to another area, we walked to this entry point (left side of the Alpen Ridge) every day - I would call all of the accommodation along that strip there ski-in/ski-out ... it is pretty gosh darn convenient!

I've stayed in both Alpen Ridge & The Vale before. In terms of location, both place are great.

Personally I'd prefer the Alpen Ridge because of the locker room & basement entrance is level out to the Ace Family Lift.

On the other hand, the Vale bar is on the level with the slope but the locker room entrance is a couple of stairs down below by the outdoor swimming pool.

After a long day of snowboard & ski and with a very slippery floor maybe an accident is waiting to happen (falling off the stairs).

This is only my personal opinion.

I am not sure about the building regulation in Japan, they should have raised the structure 1 floor higher so that the basement level is in-line with the slope. This will truly be a ski in & out apartment.

Also I would like to mention, the sulphur steam from our private onsen at the balcony has really eaten away the steel fixture at the external wall. If they keep the onsen running all year long, I would really want to find where the fixing bill will go to. evilgrin