You guys are to funny!

Let us buy the shack and fix it up - then we will talk about rolling out an extra bed for some poor snow starved SJers in search of lodging wink

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
My boys are pretty insistent that there are enough pillows - and preferably not the ball bearing pillows they kept finding in Japan.

Oh yes. One place we went the pillows were like bricks. Who likes those?!

Good breakfast is good for me too.

Nice place, not noisy.

me!! I actually don't mind the plastic peg pillows that you get here. lol
as long as its clean and warm, thats pretty much it for me, everything else can be worked around

sort of ... I suppose Thursday, but I was hoping to elicit more specific things that people really love to find in their accommodation, rather than the obvious price, location close to snow...

Stuff like: extra doona's, spare pillows in varying softness, for self catering - a slow cooker, for entertainments - board games... that kind of thing.

SNOW...

Ok... I know location is everything. But I have the location....now I am making lists of jobs to do and things to buy to fit the place out to be the best place it can be for a snow holiday.

Do you want somewhere to hang your ski's when you go to the snow Thursday?

Is it important to you that you can dry your wet soggy gear?

Do you want a bucket, spade and plastic sled so junior can play in the snow?

Is it important to you that you can dry your wet soggy gear?

That is important. This would go along with an area to tune up your Board.

Yes add sled smile All those little extras you add will surely improve the guests experiences, unfortunately they are unlikey to care to much about keeping them in good condition. All the other things you mention are very important in my book to MB smile

Do you want a bucket, spade and plastic sled so junior can play in the snow?

I want aplacethat does not provide those and does not encourage families with young children. wink

It is just SO easy to get to Thredbo from Perth. An afternoon flight, a night in a Canberra hotel (coz I would prefer NOT to compete with the Kangaroo's on the drive up there) - and then a 2.5 hr drive on awesome roads and you are there.

All right, JA was right, I'll never complain about my 2.5 hr drive again!

The suggestion for board games, playing cards, etc. was a good one. Plus onsen or hot tub. Washlet. Alarm clock. And (you knew this was coming) pet facilities! If you don't want to allow pets in the rest of the unit, consider having at least a collapsible cage that can be set up in the entryway, or allow visitors to bring their own cages.

Some day it would be nice to check out the skiing in Australia.

MB, nice one - I'm very envious of course.

I love thredbo, and would love a little shack there too, but the ones we like are around the +$1M mark and a bit out of our range just now!

Crackenback Ridge is a nice spot, and the hike back afterwards is fun eh!!

besides location -

wifi

cheap free wine (many chalet holidays in France)

kids dinner separate

Welcome pack (piste maps, vouchers, what's on)

daily weather forecast..on a notice board

quality towels and bath robe

Ski- lol I hear you about sharing with kids when you are not there with kids yourself! Papa and I took a couples trip to Thredbo 2 yrs ago and sat in the Qantas lounge talking about how fabulous it was to have the opportunity to leave our teenagers (who were giving us headaches at the time) at home and just be grown ups. Then we got on the plane. We were sat EXACTLY in the middle of two MASSIVE school groups, who were throwing food and kicking each others chairs etc. doh We laughed. As for us, we are self contained, so people don't have to bring kids just coz there is a sled wink

Metabo - Pets is something I read on the other thread. I never think about taking my dogs, they don't travel well. It is not something that could happen at Thredbo I don't think as it is in the National Park and pets are not allowed in Aussie national parks. It is an interesting point though ... time for me to do some googling!

BoC - that would be 3,017km as the crow flies or 3,719 driven kilometers!!

However it is the easiest resort to access for us. There is one direct flight to Canberra per day, but it leaves in the afternoon, so you can do you a days work on a Friday, knock off at 2pm and head straight to the airport (Papa starts about 4 or 5 am anyway - so that's a full days work). And 2.5 hrs drive from the airport to the accommodation - however we normally overnight it in a hotel in Canberra and hit the road about 7 or 8am.

After fulfilling commitments made for this year, we hope to be there for the peak season, so you might have to content yourself with crashing on a sofa bed wink

Stemik - I like those suggestions. I had not thought of bathrobes. A welcome pack is a great idea, or at least a 'file' of information.

thumbsup

I just thought of a new one this morning. Coffee machine! A nice compact one, but god I love a decent coffee.

Get some cherry blossom viewing in then hey Mamabear? wink

I stayed somewhere in the UK last summer. Their website promisd full wifi coverage. Get there, any signal? Not a sausage. And I really needed it. Put me in another room, there was a signal but it was very week. Not good enough. They ended up having to put me in the posh suite room.

Lesson should be - don't fib!!

And have full coverage!

Or if you can't have a really lovely expensive suite ready for people who get pissed at you for failing the above two!

Sounds like you will have great setup there mama bear.At least you have the experience and know whats needed to make it comfy I hope you are going to rename it the Bear lodge or similar it would certainty make it stand out to people on the forum. cheers

Bear Lodge! lol thumbsup

It is just an apartment people, not an apartment block - don't get too excited!

And yes...I hope to see some Cherry Blossoms AND some snow - am I a bit greedy?