• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me clarify:

We each had one board that we were riding up until this year (there is 6), we each bought a new board in Japan in December (there is another 6), and the other two ... well Papa had an extra twin tip that he has never ridden that he bought 3 yrs ago, and the boys have a small trick mini park board thing they bought 2 yrs ago to play with.

So the 'best quiver' is Papa's with 3, but heavily weighted toward the powder planks. I would like to see him have a go of cub #2 or #3's Burton Joystick for Thredbo, I think he would have fun with it.

Muika - we are certainly happy to loan our boards, especially to family or friends wanting to try the sport out for the first time - and especially the older boards. I don't think we will sell off our older ones for that very reason.

Pie-Eater - we do have a fairly large home, but the boards are stored in quite a hot spot over summer ... so part of the bonus in buying a snow property is having lockable owners storage where we can leave the gear year round. We will just have to make sure we bring our choice of weapon each back to Perth with us at the end of the Southern Season so we are equipped to hit the Northern Season! biggrin

Originally Posted By: muikabochi
thumbsup

Reading stuff like that makes me realise - big families must be very Expensive!

lol
They are at that!

But I wouldn't have it any other way. I love being surrounded by kids and busy.

Well the oldest cub, Reaper is 18 now and studying at Uni. But he is still living at home, as is the Aussie way for tertiary education. I really don't know. He has decided NOT to come with us to Brisbane at Easter, but I don't think he is likely to pass up a snow trip as easily.

The youngest cub, Powder Baby, is ten, so we will have him around for a few more years yet.

But we are taking more and more 'Couples Trips' over recent years, thanks to my parents helping out with the kids. And I value that time without the cubs too.

[ssshhh don't tell them] but I will miss them when they are all gone.

Originally Posted By: charlotte
Hope you don't mind me asking Mamabear, but did you always want a big family or did things just turn out that way? friend

I will answer on that other thread you started Charlotte smile

thumbsup I went to Murdoch! Loved it.

But arent your boys having to cross from the other side of the river to go there? I thought you were north... Why Murdoch?

It was my closest when I studied there, but I chose it because it offered Psychology with a behavioral focus rather than a cognitive/clinical focus (Curtin/UWA) - it appealed to me more, but I ended up liking the cognitive and physiological psych units better.

Reaper is at UWA. Computer Science/Pure Maths.

we're in Canning Vale, 15 minute bus ride for them.

my oldest is in has last year of Genetic Engineering and no. 2 just started Bsc in Exercise Physiology (which complements his current body-sculpting obsession LOL )

LOL... we 'earnt our turns' getting to Uni in those days boys, didn't we?!

Even though I lived only a 15 minute drive away from Murdoch, I had to get 2 buses to get there, or ride my bike. I often rode as it was much quicker - but it wasn't much chop when my books/lecture notes got soggy in the rain ... so I had to bus it a lot too.

My friends daughter is living in Success and studying at Mt Lawley - she is also totally terrified of learning to drive so she is on the bus - now THAT is a hike!!

Plans sound great Mamabear good luck with all that.

I presume 'Success' is the name of a place, right? Sounds funny that!

I would think that the (or similar) would cover "nice, owned by locals" for whatever the country is.

As our place is pre-rented for the school holidays I am just now trying to tee up accommodation at my favorite spot in Thredbo - not at all what you would call budget - but we go back for the people, the food and the friendly smiles. And the fact they will sit in the bar having a good time with you many nights. Great breakfast too thumbsup