• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clean, comfortable furniture for after-board lounging, nice area to cook (don't want to eat out every night!), appropriate pricing! (I prefer the "you get what you pay for philosophy!").

A MUST for me is a coffee maker! (that hopefully comes with a grinder coz I loves me fresh beans!)

oh I hear you about the coffee BM!

We have a commercial grinder and coffee machine at home - not enough bench space to to justify that in the apartment, but I shall have to come up with some solution - fresh coffee is an awesome way to start your ski engines!

I don't think I will get one of those one button jobs, because I like being able to use the milk frother to make hot chocolates for the kids (or with a splash of rum for the adults upon occasion!).

Maybe....

well it is helping me out.

I know what I want, but bouncing idea's with others who regularly stay in ski area's gives an better perspective. I started the thread because Papa and I seemed to see different things as important .. and I wondered how many other variations of "essential" were out there.

I am sure the collection of information will be more easily found by others in future under the current heading though wink

So far I think we have established:

A ski tuning bench.

A place for ski's/boards.

Decent kitchen stuff including a coffee machine.

Nice linens, towels and bathrobes (coathangers for me).

Selection/variety of pillows.

Comfortable and clean furniture.

Internet access - information - how to access information.

Extra's: books, games, TV, video games, kids sled.

Heating/cooling options including windows that open.

Bath.

MB, have you ever seen a coffee marker that has the grinder built into it? I bought one last year here in Japan and it is wonderful! I think you'd really enjoy having one of those as it is about the size of a regular maker.

MB, 2 years ago, we rented Pilot 1 in woodridge - fantastic apartment, absolutely loved it.

18 months ago, it was sold, and the new owners have upgraded all the linen etc to the very best available, and thrown in a big spa - and increased the price by about $2000 per week.

i understand their plan is to use it themselves most of the time, but to fit into thredbo resort plans, they will rent it out - to those willing to cough up

NICE PLACE! I just checked it out online.

Way flasher than what we are getting in to Gareth.

An extra $2000 a week is MASSIVE, as most of those properties are being rented for $5000 - $7000 a week for the July school holidays already!

Crazy money!! But I suppose with the shortages of anything being available during that short time period, there are people who will pay it.

For that money I would rather stay at one of the hotels though, and have my room serviced, and full cooked breakfast included! veryshocked

EDIT:[just realized that I now sound like Thursday ... going for the hotel experience wink ]

I still dont like staying in hotels, do it for work, its a bed overnight and then i'm gone and i typically stay in decent hotels - was at Imperial my last stay in tokyo for example.

I much prefer to spread out and relax and watch a tv in a comfy lounge suite, rather than lie on a bed doing it, i prefer having my breakfast at my own pace (and maybe watch tv while i'm doing it) rather than going to the restaurant for breakfast.

and i'm not into room-service - i'm more than happy to offer my wife moral support as she cleans up after us! lol

A good coffee machine is a great one, I would be all for that. Small perhaps but I know I am always disappointed if I get to a hotel and all they have is a few packets of green tea!

Mamabear On a different note it will be intresting to see what you think of Hakuba we found it great its completly different to Niseko which was great. we like to try some where new each year.Would love to go every where twice.But so much to do and time keeps moving faster .Roscoe offtopic

Went to see my Doc today (we have all got some yikko virus) and he got back from Hakuba a few weeks back - he was RAVING, and also said they were very different places (Niseko and Hakuba) - but he recommended I get out to Cortina and check it out...

I really like having new experiences too Roscoe.

I will be doing a thorough report on our flying visit, especially as it is a treat from White Horse and SnowJapan!

We met the people from the white horse hotel last year if thats the one in echo land they where very nice and helpful & we did not stay there but close by in some cabins we found on sj site.have agreat time I hope to post my report on Nozawa/shiga kogen this week end its worth alook also.still trying to catch up on work at the moment. thumbsup

Heading to the airport on the 23th of March. Will be in the good hands of the lovely people at White Horse - Double Black on the 24/25/26th of March.

groovy

[i am getting excited though ... My board needs a wax so I rang MainPeak today to see if they had any waxing irons in stock - would you believe it - it will take a couple of weeks to get one from across the border doh ]

Yeah Gareth, that is the route I am going to take for this time - but I will drop it in Osborne Park -->much easier access! They wax and tune and repair at both OP and City stores.

But while I had the guy at Cott on the phone I ordered a waxing iron anyway - seems everytime I want to buy one, there are none in stock ... so this time I will be prepared.

Hi MB

Sorry been to busy to post.

Housing industry going crazy at the moment.

I just used a cheap normal iron and it worked really well.

it is pretty simple.

The hardest part is scraping it off.

Hi Seemore wave

Yes I considered it, but ashamed I like my toys ashamed

Anyhooo... I will buy it once and it is done - not like it is overkill...we actually have 14 snowboards in our house at the moment, although one is a little delaminated, they are ALL in service. I reckon it is about time we made the effort to wax and tune them ourselves now.