For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today (friday) was almost as good as yesterday. The north faces were still holding good powder down to about 1100m. Anything remotely in the sun was cooked very quickly though.

Another stunning day with beutiful views!

I don't think the powder will last tomorrow unfortunately...

Some pics from today

Matt_3.JPG

Matt_5.JPG

Nice.

The season has come and gone without getting a boarding run in unfortunately. So many things to see to this winter.

Totally on for next winter though so getting excited about that already. Lets hope the pound somehow gets a kiss of life from someone on the way!

Its been dumping down all afternoon and evening here, about 10cm already with heaps more coming. Sadly I am in Changchun China, have to work all day everyday 4 hours from here and my boards etc are in Beijing. There is a resort nearby so I hope some folks will get to enjoy it. Perhaps it may make it as far as Japan...

after Saturday's mixture of all types of weather, yesterday was sunny and warm. This morning is cool but the sun is out and the mercury is rising

It snowed that hard here the road back to Baishan has been closed all day. Amazing sights today will ALL the road clearing been done by hand with bicycle trikes hauling most of it. Then loaders coming through later on to scoop up the large piles and put it in dump trucks. Bet the resorts here got great snow. Still VERY cold too...

Probably SKI but working all day, everyday until the 15th of April and all my kit is still Beijing. :(

Still cant compalin mate when you see a guy on a tricycle with the rubbish in the tray on the front trying to push through the deep snow on the road in about -10 this morning, seeing him changed my view on a few things as we drove by in our nice warm and safe Pajero.

Up around 20cm of good quality snow since yesterday here. Blowing hard up top though. Will be some good stuff off the peak once the wind dies down and avi danger lowers.