For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Looks like Gran Deco got a sprinkling of snow today too. Weather prediction is claiming some more light snow tomorrow. Really??

As it turns out, it did actually snow on Saturday, for about 5 minutes. On-off sun and clouds for the rest of the day, and brilliant blue skies the next. Great end to the season.
Originally Posted By: TJ OZ
Hey GN. Do all the lifts close up there after Golden Week?

Normally they do. Back in 05/06 though because of the excellent late season cover they continued opening lifts on weekends to the end of May. The cover is still very good this year as well so they could possibly do the same. Not sure if they are considering it though.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Everyday is a good day to out of resorts! clap

Give me lifts anyday. Slackcountry is good or even some easy access backcountry. 1/2 an hour will give you good stuff here but I am not big on the long hard slogs with a heavy pack. Horses for courses. Nice pic Rider69.
Another beautiful day here in Hakuba today with the sun out and only a soft breeze (in the valley)

Mitch nice!

For the past 4-5 years one of them has stayed open at least until Cinco de Mayo. 2 years ago I rode there on May 20th or so I think. But no dice this season, all the local resorts are closed already :(

Jeez! If you were keen enough and rich enough you could ski Snowbird til closing, jump on a plane to Oz or NZ and miss nothing but the transit time!! Now to find somewhere that is going between Sept and November - might be glacier time.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Jeez! If you were keen enough and rich enough you could ski Snowbird til closing, jump on a plane to Oz or NZ and miss nothing but the transit time!! Now to find somewhere that is going between Sept and November - might be glacier time.

That would be cool....although if I was rich enough to do that I reckon I'd head to Chile and Argentina

Today was one of the busiest days on 47 I have ever seen. Great spring conditions, just out in a tshirt with plenty of sunblock. Still top to bottom with full cover on the main run down.

Originally Posted By: Matt
Sakura blossoms out in full bloom here today!

Sakura were SO last month!! wink

Was well hot down in Shonan today, lovely weather. Just wish it would stay at this perfect temp for the rest of the summer!!

We got to 17 today and the Sakura is still at least a week away.

From Saturday looks like it's going to cool down again with max temps hovering around 10 degrees for much of next week.

Got up to 29 here today, been nothing but sunshine all golden week.

Supposed to cool down from the weekened and be much cooler next week here too.

TJ%20OZ_43.jpg

It's the last day for the season here in Hakuba. Goryu was the only resort open with still good cover up top. Tshirt weather. Pretty busy up there. Downloading on the godola you can see them already using the water jump. Pack the board away and see you next year. (still plenty of snow for those that want to hike it)