For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Fabulous day at 47/Goryu today.
Fresh snow up high, hard packed in the middle and very ridable soft stuff at the very bottom. Something for everyone smile

Nice. Glad to hear it's good conditions.
I was at Whistler last weekend and rode 2 Sat and Sunday. Snow overnight and Sunday was similar conditions.

And it was cool seeing some of the para-Olympians around smile
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fresh snow up high, hard packed in the middle and very ridable soft stuff at the very bottom. Something for everyone smile

Same conditions this morning Mamabear. I hope you had a good time for your stay in Hakuba wave

Had up to knee deep turns this morning in Fujiwara no Sawa bowl and at least boot deep in Strawberry's and Blueberry's. Hardly anyone skiing off-piste so it was fresh tracks every run. Not bottomless but still awesome for late March. Turned into a full on blizzard this afternoon though.

Little clip from out front of my house when the blizzard hit in Kutchan. Not particularly Springlike!

Originally Posted By: TJ OZ

Same conditions this morning Mamabear. I hope you had a good time for your stay in Hakuba wave

Looked like it was going to be a corker of a day TJ...sun out, blue skies...glad you got out there thumbsup

We had a fantastic time, really loved it - we will definitely be back at some stage to spend a lot more time in Nagano. What a treat to have fabulous snow at one end of the Asama Shinkansen and Sakura at the other! biggrin

Here are some shots from Saturday. Good in the trees. Bottomless on the top half, feeling the base underneath on the bottom half. The snow was getting heavier on the sunny sides by lunchtime. The fresh snow in the trees reminded me of cherry blossom season!

Another 10cm in my car park & Cortina reporting another 20cm last night so it should be good today!

Matt_12.jpg

Matt_13.jpg

Matt_11.jpg

Matt_14.jpg

Great pics Matt and good to see you guys are still getting good conditions this late in the season.

Are those the tree runs back in to the Cortina resort, or through the gate and down to Norikura ? Wish I was there......

Today the morning started off almost bottomless and was dumping so hard it ended up bottomless by the end. Epic mid season-like conditions with deep dry powder and cold temps. Could have done with a face mask.

It was still nuking when we left at the end of the day and is forecast to snow until about 6am and then the sun's supposed to come out so tomorrow is gonna be epic.

Heres a vid from this afternoon.

Originally Posted By: Matt
...bottomless.... dumping so hard it ended up bottomless by the end... epic mid season-like.... deep dry powder and cold temps... still nuking .... and is forecast so tomorrow is gonna be epic.

Sounds rather fantastic then. friend

a great day at Goryu/47 ....not as much powder as in recent days but still enjoyable - and hardly anyone around as well.

Last race of the season today....my son is officially the "best skier in Hakuba" (under 8s)