For those living in ski towns - what are the conditions like now?

For those of us living here what do you think of having a thread where we regularly post pics from our houses to keep people up to date with what it actually looks like out there? Sort of a pictorial record of the changing seasons and weather from where we live? If you like the idea I'll start a new thread.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: snowdude
That is a good idea! If the snow actually stays until tomorrow then I'll post a pic tomorrow morning to get it started!

Cool post a pic regardless and I'll get one tomorrow morning as well. It doesn't just have to be in snow areas. I'm interested in seeing what other people here see each day from their homes.

Looks like the storm and snow is completely going to miss us now, the system moved through a bit further to the east than expected...

No new snow today so far.

Yes same for honshu the more eastern areas got the heavy snow yesterday, which is why we got it here! Looks like that same storm headed more eastwards in general as it moved up the country.

Yep we really did miss out there for the most part. Hate it when it does that! The other side of the mountains got more than us in Minakami.

doh

Wonder if that is pretty much it apart from a few more flurries.

Lots of fresh today in Hakuba, but super heavy gak lower down. Some pretty good snow higher up at Happo though, but windy as from mid-morning. Hardly anyone out above the gondola, so lots of freshies, esp., with the wind transporting in more snow from higher up. Twice or three times, I was the only person on the Kurobishi lift. The wind closed Skyline at about 1pm. Dunno if it opened again. Usagi was still going at 2:30 when I knocked off.

A good day out anyway.

a bit of light snow....with the sun trying to poke through.....about 8-10cm overnight outside my house.....probably double that on the mountain

Wednesday was nice but very very wet snow (about 25-30cm maybe) Today was much much better. Probably another 30cm of fresh on the mountain last night - much drier, proper powder - faceshots galore today at Tsugaike.

Matt_2.JPG

Matt_1.JPG

Still can't seem to post video...