Girls In Bikinis vs Shirtless Gay Dudes (Another Apple thread)

Interesting moves from Apple.

I'm actually surprised they didn't have more guidelines up front but I suppose they were taken back with the way it has turned out..

Quote:
Apple has banned sexy apps. But apps from Playboy and Sports Illustrated remain. Why does Apple care what turns me on?

If you need another example of why the iTunes App Store's walled garden is flawed, Apple has been only too happy to oblige, capriciously and arbitrarily removing an unknown number of "sexy" apps without warning. All that's missing to complete the metaphor is a flaming sword.

Some of those apps were certainly garbage, but it seems most were simply slideshows of women in various states of undress.

Jenna Wortham, writing for The Times, quotes Apple's Phil Schiller: "It came to the point where we were getting customer complaints from women who found the content getting too degrading and objectionable, as well as parents who were upset with what their kids were able to see."

By Apple's own count, there are over 130,000 apps in the App Store. With a selection that varied, I'm sure there's something to offend everyone.

How about an app that discusses abortion and birth control law? Maybe an app that helps you hook up with gay guys? How about an app that teaches you how to evangelize the fundamentalist Christian religion?

http://gizmodo.com/5478334/so-apple-bans...ing-a-car-is-ok

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
...depends on what floats your boat and what the shirtless gay dude looks like...

I reckon same could be said for men and topless lesbians...

What is a topless lesbian? Is it one without a hat. biggrin