• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I totally forgot to mention about Zao.... we were there weekdays and I didn't notice one lift not moving, it was 100% open.

At other resortys I have beenb to this season, I have noticed lots of lifts closed mid-week sometimes even cutting off big parts of the resorts.

Thing that might be a new thread.

I just got here and what a disapointment, the resort is great, it's 100% open, but because of the unseasonal warm weather and lots of rain all monsters are gone!

I like all the runs here, not many difficult ones, but considering I had 3 knee surgeries, I like it! There could be few more small jumps and few more terrain features to goof around on, it's mostly freerider paradise here when it comes to snowboarding. It explains why I've seen quiet few people with alpine snowboards here.

I would think most resorts see that 2pints. Perhaps more pronounced at Zao with all the non skiing tourists going up there as well. I would guess theres a lot less of them right now.

• 4 months later...

What camera and lens do you use by the way? Hopefully I can get some great shots like these when I am in Japan smile

Have you heard of Flickr? You photos would be awesome up there.

You can sign up for free.

• SnowJapan Admin

CptSlow

You can sign up for free to upload photos to this site too. And when you do upload photos to this site, you are sharing them with the many people (like yourself) who are researching about Japan and the winter sports here. They automatically get linked up to resorts throughout the site and other useful stuff like that.

We don't ask much of people using SnowJapan, but are very happy when people upload pics here - as are the people using the site of course.

So hope to see some of yours this next season!

friend

Yes course I have heard of Flickr but I'm really not interested in uploading my photos to anywhere other than my own webpage. And here... happy to share with fellow people here and help support SJ at the same time.

thumbsup

I have a Nikon D300, 18-200 zoom, fisheye, wide angle (12-24)

Fair call, understand.

Yip, will have to do a write up when I get home from my trip in Jan2011, long way away tho, maybe I could add some Ruapehu pics, if anyone would be interested?

Nice collection of lens, I have a Canon 350D, 10-22 wide angle and 50mm 1.4 think I need a zoom tho...

Haven't used my camera for ages, not good weather.

Looking forward to some clearer skies and trips.

Winter is always best though with those deep blue skies and sharp mountains.

Yes hope to see your pics from your trip!

friend

• 1 month later...