Originally Posted By: Nisoko
Wow! veryshocked

For me this one is just superb

muikabochi_2439.JPG

That's my favorite too. Looks like it ought to be a Pink Floyd album cover.

This one is nice too, a peek at a migrating herd:
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
muikabochi_2451.JPG
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info yes I have read the report about the night life.Hope we can go there in2011 and another resort close by.Will start researching the SJ pages. Thanks for your help and pics and I love Zao as well. smile

I always look at the hotels on SJ first but they were all booked for when we wanted.

Ended up at Zao Kokusai Hotel. My lady paid and booked it actually so I don't know the details but it was reasonable for a nice hotel. I think it was about 11000 yen per person. Really nice onsen.

No please tell me, what is so funny? It seems an obvious place to start which is all I am saying. And if I do find something I like and end up booking with one of those, I am helping support this site at the same time.

So whats funny?

We found lots of powder just off lots of the courses.

Most of the main proper monsters are at the very top though there are lots of trees on the way down from the top area on either side. I don't think they are all roped off but at the same time there weren't hundreds of people in there either... some just going in a bit.

Actually I would be interested to hear what the policy is there.

Difficult one that....... a fair few.

I would not say 50% - tourists can only get there by coming up on the ropeaway, so the number is limited there while skiers/boarders are coming in from a few other places and courses.

I would guess there are most of the tourists mid-morning to early afternoon and after that not so many compared to sliders. But that top bit is certainly a tourist attraction.