Growing up in the Vancouver area in Canada the rest of the country would always make fun of us as the smallest amount of snow would shut down the schools and there would be chaos everywhere.

Not sure if it is like that in Tokyo.

Wish I had a digi cam to post some pics. But not much more snow than that out my work window.

Snowing here in Narita too!! Some shots from the temple next to my school today! userpic5746pic114227bfcde5677.jpg userpic15412pic124227bfcdea498.jpg

userpic16227pic134227bfcdef2b7.jpg

Particularly like the fact we have snow on Cherry Blossom!!! Thats pretty weird to see I would have thought!!!!

It snowed all morning here in Chigasaki too but wasn't cold enough for too much too stick. Now it's sunny so it'll all be gone in a few hours.

Tokyo is shocking for even the smallest amount of snow, 5cms and the trains stop, any more and the highways close. Took me 8 hrs to get from Takasaki to Kawasaki once just because of a little snow.

Quote:
Originally posted by farquah:
Particularly like the fact we have snow on Cherry Blossom!!! Thats pretty weird to see I would have thought!!!!
Actually, those are ume (plum) not cherries.. The cherries won't be out till around the end of this month or if it stays cold a tad later.

Sorry Woywoy and all you others who had to work today. The highways closed around noon and it seemed like nobody was traveling. A handfull of others and myself had Zao to ourselves with knee deep powder. I rode the gondola alone almost everytime....what a day!

Again, very sorry to you working, more responsible folks ;\)

Think it snowed more in Tokyo then in Nozawa last Friday. The falling snow was particularly heavy around Karuizawa, but when we got down to Nagano it was raining.

Still had some good runs through the fog.

Did you call me, oblivion? lol.gif

I needed to drive to Tokyo this weekends. That was hard coz it was snowing all the way around from Chino through Otsuki. Speed limit was 50kms/h, but no one drove that slow lol......

I almost started flying spining around eek.gif