Japanese ski resorts you haven't been to yet but want to try out

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my 5 (planning on taking my car to Hokkaido next year so...)

Kamui

Kurodake

Kiroro

Sapporo Kokusai

Mt. Fuji (I know it's not a resort but I look at it everyday all through the winter and dream about doing it. The only thing holding me back is finding a partner who is up to the challenge. Any takers?)

I actually did pretty good for getting to new places this year as I hit up Moiwa, Madarao, Ryuoo, Zao Onsen and Tsugaike.

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Kamui
Kurodake
Kiroro
Sapporo Kokusai
Mt. Fuji (I know it's not a resort but I look at it everyday all through the winter and dream about doing it. The only thing holding me back is finding a partner who is up to the challenge. Any takers?)

I actually did pretty good for getting to new places this year as I hit up Moiwa, Madarao, Ryuoo, Zao Onsen and Tsugaike.

Definitely add Furano and Tokachidake to that list. We didnt have the goods at Furano when we were there. When it was going off we were at Kamui, but there is SOOO much terrain at Furano that it has to go off. People do ski the SC and BC there as we saw some groups touring off the top.

Ski or snowboard? That makes a big difference...

Also, have been to most of the majors, so my list would be almost all second tier resorts.

Here's my five.

Yuzawa Area

Kandatsu and Naeba (Yeah, can you believe it?)

Shinshu Area

Kijimadaira/Maki no Iri

Togari

Hokkaido Area

Rusutsu

Kamui
Kurodake
Kiroro
Sapporo Kokusai

I was up at Yeti last night....that's Fuji..right? lol
LOL! In that case I guess I've alread boarded on Fuji too! Nah, I was thinking about hiking up the Gotemba side... but not till very last season when things are a lot safer.

Every time I drive up to Hakuba and as I pass Fuji I stare up at that big slope and think the same thing.

A friend actually did that a few years ago. He made it half way before he was turned around by some army guys coming down the hill so he boarded from about a third of the way up. I read a report on this site actually from a couple of guys from Tokyo how did it... Any takers??? Let's do it!

Originally Posted By: RobBright
didn't one of them break their leg?

It was Tsonda and.......can't remember who, but one of them didn't make the top, don't think he broke his leg though. Was it Tsonda who rode from the top?