Website is on here

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/resorts/resortdetail.php?resid=12

This is the message

加山キャプテンコーストスキー場をã”利用ã„ãŸã ã誠ã«ã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã†ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ã€‚

当スキー場ã¸ã®ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ン予定日ãªã©å¤§å‹¢ã®ãŠå®¢æ§˜ã«å•ã„åˆã‚ã›ã„ãŸã ã„ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ãŒã€

今シーズンã¯ãƒªãƒ‹ãƒ¥ãƒ¼ã‚¢ãƒ«ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ンã®ç‚ºä¸€æ™‚休業ã¨ã•ã›ã¦ã„ãŸã ãã¾ã™ã€‚

(期間2010å¹´12月23日~2011å¹´3月31æ—¥ã¾ã§)

皆様ã«ã¯ã€ã”ä¸ä¾¿ã‚’ãŠã‹ã‘ã—ã¾ã™ã“ã¨ã€å¿ƒã‚ˆã‚ŠãŠè©«ã³ã„ãŸã—ã¾ã™ã€‚

ã¾ãŸæ¥ã‚·ãƒ¼ã‚ºãƒ³ã‚ªãƒ¼ãƒ—ン予定ãŒæ±ºã¾ã‚Šã—ã ã„å†åº¦ã”連絡ã•ã›ã¦é ‚ãŸã„ã¨æ€ã£ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

ã¾ãŸã®ã”æ¥å ´ã‚’ãŠå¾…ã¡ã—ã¦ãŠã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚

Does that mention of next season mean it is definite.

Sounds rather vague to me, nothing definite.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that´s the message I read.

It says:

... it is temporary closed 23/12/2010 to 31/3/2011...

....Will advise as soon as we decide on the opening day ...

looking forward to you coming back then

If that is vague to you, wakaranai

Yes it sounds vague to me.

All those dates mean is that it won't be open this coming season. That "resort" doesn't do anything outside of those dates anyway, so it's not as if somethings going to start up on 1st April!

It doesn't say that they are definitely opening next season. It might imply it, but it certainly gives room for another message sometime saying sorry we won't be open for 2011/2012.

Am I mistaken?

In the local Niigata newspaper today they basically say that regarding next season, they want to "do their best" in order to be able to open again. By no means certain.

The reason for closing makes me laugh - リニューアルオープンã®ãŸã‚

I wonder why they weren't doing all this "renewal open" work since April this year?

Or perhaps we can expect a gondola and a new mountain there next year?! wink

According to the newspaper it seems that Yuzawa officials are not happy with Kayama as they only found out that the resort will not open on 17th November, a few days ago, and lots of literature etc has already been prepared of course including info on that resort.

Nice little TR. It makes me think a interesting poll might be "How many ski resorts in Japan have you been to..."

I would do it, but I am too lazy and do not know how.....

For me it is 14......I think.

Yeah, who cares.....

• 8 months later...

All about priorities.

It´s probably a good thing that the minor ski resorts shut down, under the circumstance. People would generally feel safer with less nuke power stations operating.

It also means that anyone who was planning to go to any resort that is not open this winter will probably go to other resorts in the region, which hopefully will increase the likelihood of these other resorts staying open.

Originally Posted By: surfarthur
It also means that anyone who was planning to go to any resort that is not open this winter will probably go to other resorts in the region, which hopefully will increase the likelihood of these other resorts staying open.

Depends if you mean other people being Japanese or tourists. Tourists may eschew going to the area, or Japan full stop, which means if there isn't enough demand for hotels, then other slopes may close.

Sure ILZ.

But it hardly matters. With the nuke powerplant melt down, Japan looks pretty bad for a visit just for the moment (or the next few years?)

unless you make the most of less visitors expected at the resort (domestic and international visitors)

I guess most Japa skier/boarder at average take 1-3 day snow trip the most in Japan.

With the higher Yen, if they are taking a week off, probably they go overseas.