Tomorrow sees the start of what will possibly be the busiest week we've ever had in Niseko. Just about every single accommodation provider I know of is as close to 100% booked as you can be. The company I work for alone will have well over 1000 guests in the village this coming week and from what I understand at least 2 of the major ski rental companies have no more gear available for rent and pretty much every restaurant in the village is fully booked out every night. Also I doubt, if people haven't already booked, whether they'll be able to get any lessons as I think they are also fully booked out. Possibly going to be a few disappointed people if they left booking everything to last minute. Anyway this Chinese New Year will be a little hectic to say the least!

Thanks GN.

I will text Reaper and give him the heads up that the next few days might be ideal times to get over to Moiwa or Rusutsu!!

I suppose the restaurants are going to struggle for spare seats too.

Don't work too hard.

From what I've heard this winter has seen sales pick up considerably. Some projects that were scheduled to start last summer but didn't have now sold enough to start this comming summer. Not exactly booming but getting better. I don't work in real estate so only going on what I've been told by those that do. You know what those real estate sales people are like though! wink

I told my frineds to book lessons weeks ago. Lucky they did. And I hope they booked the restaurants too.

First timers to Niseko in the busiest week of the year and they thought they could get by without booking anything. Afterall, it's "only" Hokkaido. doh

I arrive on 21 Feb in Japan and 22 Feb in Furano, I am over Niseko, been there done that twice now and I want to spend time at the other great resorts this year.

Actually I am getting to the stage in life where the snow holiday is not all about skiing

Ausi ski bum,

I also land in Tokyo on the 21st. Who are you flying with? Maybe we can start the good times on the flight? Pending same flight of course.....I'm on Qantas flight 21 Syd-Nrt departing at 10:05pm I think?

Have been in Niseko the last two days. It doesn't seem too crowded. The slopes in Hirafu was pretty empty on Friday. Today in Anapuri and Higashiyama was not bad either. The lift out of the Green Hotel was closed go figure.

Have one more day will most likely go to Moiwa.

Everyone out there stay safe and enjoy