I heard someone say that the other night, a Japanese friend who claims to enjoy skiing in spring conditions more than in mid-season. Any ideas as to why that would be anyone?

It's warmer.

Personally, I get really hot even in the middle of winter because I throw myself about so much, but if you want to be reasonably warm without doing much, then spring is your season.

However, I think the person you talked to is a complete freak. ;\)

I have been doing alot of spring riding, and except for the top top powder days, it is better.

Warm sun, nice views, more relaxing, drinkin` beers, clowning around, kickass landings in the park, riding in my t-shirt,

and I think that spring snow is even more forgiving than powder.

Yeah, if the pow isn't bottomless, the ice underneath can make you lose it sometimes, but with slush, it's soft all the way down. I wasted the spring the last two years from hanging with powder pedants, but this year I'm loving it (on my own).

There's nothing quite like the slap of slush against the front of your board...

I think people say that just because they're trying to convince themselves ;\) because we've got to deal with it. I love the warmer weather of spring though, its a pity it just lasts for such as short time, hey?

I think people say that just because they're trying to convince themselves ;\) because we've got to deal with it. I love the warmer weather of spring though, its a pity it just lasts for such as short time, hey?

I want it back too.

Another month or so on here and people will be crying out for air conditioning and moaning about the heat.

When can we officially start looking forward to and anticipating the next season? Now?! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by TheOrange:
When can we officially start looking forward to and anticipating the next season? Now?! ;\)
If youre heading to the Sthn Hempisphere like some of us lucky people then yes! \:D

Fattwins, for a while yes, more like an extended holiday before I start phase 2 of my plan for world domination. Im done with Japan, as of next week I will have spend 4 precious years of my life here and thats enough in my book for the time being. But it is funny how Japan gets its claws into you and when you think you wont be back an opportunity arrises and Im flying into Narita again.

Fattwins I would have loved to show you some of the sweet spots, esp the one I discovered on the last powder day I had. Well Nekobi will be around and looking for people to ride with, she knows most of the goodies