• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Originally Posted By: muikabochi
Can't seem to find the aki-aji Kirin in bottles around here, just cans.
sadface

They have it in bottles?!?! ãˆãˆãˆãªãï¼ Ive only had the cans myself...

had a couple of bottles tonight....very tasty, much better than in cans!

smile razz
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Captain Stag
Why the preference for bottles?

Sometimes, there can be a metally taste to the beer if drunk from a can. Other times, the beer is just pish.

couldn't have said it more eloquently!! lol

Beer from a can is crap, in fact I can't think of 1 drink that tastes better from a can than a glass bottle. Draught beer is best, followed by bottled beer and lagging behind is canned beer.

Thankfully beer doesn't get served in plastic bottles.

Question about these limited beers.

Anyone know how they do this? How limited are they? And until when will it be out in the shops?

This aki aji doesn't seem to be out in much volume this year. All the ones I see have a "made in August" "drink by April 2011" date stamp. Perhaps they only do one big run and just sell it until it disappears?

As it's ok until April I might just buy a box of 24 so I will have some in stock.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
enjoying a few Nest Beer's from Ibaraki while sitting on my sun soaked balcony, the Pale Ale was quality, wasn't that impressed with the Weizen but I'l looking forward to the Amber Ale yummy

Hitachino?
Originally Posted By: RobBright
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
enjoying a few Nest Beer's from Ibaraki while sitting on my sun soaked balcony, the Pale Ale was quality, wasn't that impressed with the Weizen but I'l looking forward to the Amber Ale yummy

Hitachino?

yeah, think thats the ones