Canadian Cage Fighter keeping the peace in Niseko...

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: quattro
Was talking to a Niseko local the other day about an incident. He had told me an American working in Tokyo recently ducked a rope into Mizuno no sawa. Anyway a patroller caught the person. Some words were exchanged then the person who ducked the rope hit the patroller several times. The guy is now in jail.

Can anyone verify any of this

I'll bet by the end of the week that the 'American' turns into an 'Aussie'
Originally Posted By: quattro
Was talking to a Niseko local the other day about an incident. He had told me an American working in Tokyo recently ducked a rope into Mizuno no sawa. Anyway a patroller caught the person. Some words were exchanged then the person who ducked the rope hit the patroller several times. The guy is now in jail.

Can anyone verify any of this

A similar sounding incident happened when my wife went through Mizuno no sawa with the patrol. No punches were thrown but a bit of pushing and shoving when the guy wouldn't give up his pass. Both the poachers got away though. I cant remember nationalities but I will ask her. That was back in mid January though so could be a separate incident.
Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: Soft Landings
a bit of pushing and shoving when the guy wouldn't give up his pass. Both the poachers got away though

wOOt! 1-0 to the bolsheviks

lol Bolsheviks would be the admin, no? horse

On a serious note, it would be a shame for Mizuno to get closed down since they just got it opened up. Dont get me wrong, Im all for poaching ropes, but there is a time and place for it.
no, bolsheviks are the revolutionaries. Bourgeoisie are the admin.

depends on what side of the revolution you are...pre or post. Pre then the Bolsheviks are the revolutionaries, post and well they are the establishment with new revolutionaries waiting in the wings! wink
Originally Posted By: D train
entirely possible. I have had a few j-cameras stuffed in my face his season- usually by a vapid cute girl or some dude who makes a ridiculous dance or pose after I say something.

yeah yeah, I was on TV too once in Japan, no big deal. wink

Mate, some places are roped off because they are genuinely dangerous. I think that Mizuno no Sawa qualifies because of slides etc... As well, it's an area that's open now if you take the few minutes it takes to do it safely. Rope duckers there probably do deserve to have their tickets taken away because one accident while being very tragic would also ruin it for everyone.

ok, to make it really simple so CB can understand - the rope-duckers are the "good guys", ski patrol (aka the nazis) are the "bad guys". The good guy punches out the bad guy and everyone lives happily ever after.

you never heard of the October Revolution eh.