Canadian Cage Fighter keeping the peace in Niseko...

Surely there would be staff and other patrons who could act as witnesses, no? The chances of two random people in Niseko alone covered in blood and the police happen across them is pretty low. I don't believe there was any talk of zero tolerance. It was something along the lines of 'drunken violent people causing disturbances in Niseko should be arrested whether it ruins their holidays or not'.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ OZ (ps. I think I know who you really are) that's a very noble effort. BUT punters know the facts on your flyer are hardly ever enforced. Also, if one single one of our beautiful boys can't make the plane back home to mommy on time, start looking for periscopes in the La Perouse Strait. It's gonna make previous chastisements of your (adopted) nation look like a picnic!

tripler,

That's a bit OTT, don't you think? To start what appears to be a war of aggression because of the fact that a single idiot (and remember that they are usually the cause of their own difficulties) doesn't make it home when expected is going way too far!

Your profile doesn't clarify what country you are expecting the "boys" to come home to, but I doubt that your government would be prepared to wage war based on a single incident.

Advice: - tone it down a bit.

Isn't that the same as putting up posters and telling people "not to duck ropes".

Anyhow, I've seen one or two fights in Hakuba myself. Funny thing was one of them was between people living in Hakuba, such is the political heat over there. lol

Perhaps they should read their own poster!

Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
Isn't that the same as putting up posters and telling people "not to duck ropes".

No. I see it is more like telling them that if they duck under this rope into a certain area they risk serious injury from avalanche. Please think of the consequences and your family before dropping into this area.

Are you suggesting the alternative to education is to do nothing?
Im interested to hear peoples ideas.

TJ,

I think education is great.

And appealing to peoples sense of responsibility and love for their family and friends is going to have a greater effect than it would to wield a big stick.

There is always going to be people who wont take heed though. There is a type of individual who has extreme risk taking behavior, they are BORN like it. We saw it on our January trip. One of the Dad's and one of his son's have it - it was a source of worry for the Mum as she can see the writing on the wall. They can't help themselves, and rational debate doesn't sway the intense impulse they have to just do what went through their mind. (I am thinking more about rope ducking than bar brawls right now, but I think it is relevant).

Then you get your calculated risk taker - they are the ones that will duck a rope when they know the terrain, the area, the patrol situation, and that the conditions are safe enough - they are the ones who you are going to get through to with the posters.

Education is good.

Appealing to someones emotion/better judgement is also go.

But it is not going to be a catch all .... a concrete floor in a cell for Mr Bar Brawl needs to be an option also.

gg, I think they will take a look at it and sober up. And perhaps donate their beer money to charity. And then, the next day, when they see the Keep Out signs on the skijo, they will decide to stay on the course. All in the name of being good boys and thinking about their families and other people.

Obviously.

It goes beyond that GG. The aggressive drunk guy will probably rip it off the wall. We hopefully rely on the friends, wifes, peers and staff to keep things together for these type of people. I am happy to hear some positive ideas if you have them. Not sure what is girly about it but I am actually happy to hear that. Girls are quite good at calming situations (also the cause of many) This is a pre emptive strike to what the Japanese bar owners do not want to happen here in Hakuba. I must say I have never had an incident over the last 4 seasons of running places.

You came on here to cull some comments on you fine work and get the topic onto Hakuba, and got some. Admittedly pretty lightweight, especially compared to your 'official' sounding ones. Only want comments you like?

I find iiyamas comment about the fighting Hakuba residents quite amusing in a isn't it sad kind of way.

Anyway hijack isn't this about Niseko?

Originally Posted By: JA
Your profile doesn't clarify what country you are expecting the "boys" to come home to, but I doubt that your government would be prepared to wage war based on a single incident.

I was speaking on behalf of Australia and assuming the UK would pitch in with nuclear subs. But I was getting a bit carried away, on second thoughts I don't think a military retaliation would be likely.

me again.

We are talking about a tiny percentage of the people- Aussie dollars , especially those splashed out at bars and restaurants, are pretty vital to the health of this town, and most of the time I just walk around scoping chicks or keeping facebook warm back at the office.

Most of Paul and my work involves lost items, calling taxis, and showing people places on the map.

I don`t blame the guys much either- if i was their age, with access to that much piss, and 1 girls for every 20 dudes in the bar, i`d probably be lockstep.

But saying that, most situations can be handled without even having to raise voices, and its really no worse than any Friday night anywhere in the world where the young folk congregate.

Niseko still rocks , and if i have to deal with a few punch ups in February so I can ride pow in March, play golf in July and hang out with my friends here year round, I@ll take that trade

off in a heart beat.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
You came on here to cull some comments on you fine work and get the topic onto Hakuba, and got some. Admittedly pretty lightweight, especially compared to your 'official' sounding ones. Only want comments you like?

I find iiyamas comment about the fighting Hakuba residents quite amusing in a isn't it sad kind of way.

Anyway hijack isn't this about Niseko?

Not really sure what that all means. Maybe the grammar is confusing me confused
Thinking a little too much about it all for I don't know what reason. grandpa
www.snowJAPAN.com sj
You've got plenty of time to stew, obviously. violin
razz razz razz

It most surely is Bag

Quote:
Shenmue takes place within Yokosuka, Japan. The four main areas of Yokosuka available to the player are detailed and offer many avenues for exploration. The Hazuki Dojo is located in a small hamlet called Yamanose, where many of Ryo's childhood friends and neighbours live. Ryo's childhood friends, Ichiro Sakurada and Noriko Nakamura, are also residents of Yamanose. Directly next to Yamanose lies Sakuragaoka, a slightly bigger neighborhood. There are several points of interest here, including Setsu Abe's Candy Shop and Sakuragaoka Park. There are also several residents of Sakuragaoka that can offer assistance to Ryo in his quest to find Lan Di. They include local gossips Fusayo Mishima and Fusako Kondo, as well as Naoyuki Ito, who lends Ryo his motorbike towards the end of the game.

Dobuita, the second largest location in the game, is a busy town that boasts a wide variety of people and activities. Dobuita offerings include an eclectic and diverse selection of shops in the game, from convenience stores to specialized antique shops where valuable martial arts scrolls can be purchased. Nozomi is often found in Dobuita at her grandmother's flower shop. There is also a red light district with several bars, restaurants, a small slot machine parlour, and a mahjong parlour. The bus service that allows Ryo to travel to Yokosuka Harbour is also located here near a tobacco shop.

Yokosuka Harbour is Shenmue's largest environment. Ryo first travels there to meet Master Chen, and eventually gets a job at the harbour to gain information on The Mad Angels, who have a large criminal influence in the area. Mark Kimberley, who eventually becomes a valuable friend to Ryo, also works at the harbour and has several run-ins with the Mad Angels. Shozo Mizuki, a homeless man who lives at the harbour, is a skilled martial artist who reveres the Hazuki style and teaches Ryo three useful techniques.

You might even be able to go fork-lift truck driving! wink