Nine-year-old Chinese girl gives birth

9!

Quote:
The baby was delivered on January 27 at a hospital in Changchun, in the North Eastern Chinese province of Jilin, when the girl was eight-and-a-half months pregnant, according to a local newspaper.

The City Evening News reported that the girl and her child were both well, but that her parents have lodged a complaint to the police

Under Chinese law, intercourse with a child under the age of 14 is statutory rape.

A nurse in the ward told the newspaper that the girl's family was from Songyuan, a nearby city of around three million people, and that she "looked very mature" but it was unclear how she had become pregnant.

The hospital declined to comment on the case.

China has launched a nationwide campaign to preserve the innocence of its children, banning any sexual content from the internet. Secondary school pupils are often suspended or expelled if they are suspected of having sexual relationships.

veryshocked

Originally Posted By: thursday
Quote:
The youngest girl ever to have given birth is thought to be Lina Medina, of Peru, who gave birth at five-years-old in 1939.

veryshocked veryshocked veryshocked

is that even biologically possible??

There is a condition where young girls go through puberty prematurely - it is a really bad thing because they tend to get osteoporosis and a whole host of other problems, including a reduction in their final height. A friends daughter was affected and they tried to delay it with hormone therapy - only succeeding to the age of 8. So I am sure it is biologically possible (if abnormal) for puberty to happen that early - and there are sicko's raping children out there (just most of them have not gone through puberty. However it would be a very high risk pregnancy!

I know she was very effected by it, but her doctors and her parents dealt with her really well, and fortunately she is a small girl with a naturally boyish physique so outwardly it was not overly noticeable to others.

She is 13 now so the only problems she is dealing with now are the physiological ones not the psychological ones of being different.

I feel most for girls in remote or 3rd world situations where this phenomena is not understood or treated. In many cultures they think girls are 'women' and therefore fair game once they begin to menstruate - but I just can not fathom how any male could think it is reasonable if that girl is only 9 years old (or 5!!!).