Replacement Toe Strap in Tokyo? (burton freestyle bindings)

I've broken the toe-strap (the strap with the buckle) on one of my old burton freestyle bindings... frustratingly none of the stores in Kanda will sell just the replacement strap & buckle... they want to sell a completely new set of bindings obviously.

Does anybody know a store in tokyo that can help? I've seen 1-off replacement toe straps in most of the resorts.. even some of the piste restaurants sell them!

I had the exact same problem with a missing screw for my high back. Don't want to say how I ended up getting the replacement evilgrin

Anyway, is it a toe cap you are missing, the buckle and the ratchet, or just one or the other? If it's not a toe cap than it should be very easy to find a generic buckle and ratchet (also sold separately)... usually found in the section that sells wax, replacement screws and deck pads. If you want to buy a Burton replacement you'll probably be out of luck because I've never seen them sold individually (of course they may exist though). There are usually several different types of generic replacements so it's best to bring your binding along with you so you can match them.

As frustrating as it may seem it tends to be a Japanese trait that you have to be very specific in the questions you ask. If you asked for a Burton replacement everyone will shake their heads 'no' without realizing that you'd be ok with any replacement!

Sorry I can't give you a store name that I'm sure about but my experience is that any of the bigger stores stock generic replacement parts for bindings.

yeah a toe-cap, i guess its the older style....the one without the hole in it. i got them a couple of years ago as I thought it would be a cheap way of upgrading my non-burton bindings.....but they holes were compatible. Can't seem to find it just now, will keep looking and post a pic

it's the strap with the buckle and the ratchet that broke, right at the base before it slips into the binding itself. it's 2003 vintage, so think it's old style strap, rather than the newer toe-caps

was in kanda waving it around at the weekend to baffled looking sales staff. all the answers seemd to be that TIJ and a new set of decent bindings was a steal at 18k

BUT if its Burton, then the holes in the replacement strap should fit your binding, and so if you could find the toe cap replacement strap you'd be able to use it....theoretically!! smile

http://www.burton.com/mens-snowboard-binding-accessories-ultra-capstrap/220722,default,pd.html?dwvar_220722_variationColor=996&start=&cgid=mens-binding-accessories

that the strap, and if you are looking from a japanese server, scroll to the bottom of the page and there are some shops listed that sells them.

One Make in Chiyoda, and Ca4la in Harajuku is what it tells me.

Oh yeah, one more thing. It depends no how old your 'old' bindings are.

Older burton toestraps are attached by a bolt, but the newer ones slide up through the baseplate, and are not compatible with the older tech.