Muika has already done a thread on Tenjindaira and I didn't want to poison his good photos with my crap ones!! smile

We got up there and it was a beautifully sunny day, blue skies and wispy clouds

Tubby%20Beaver_48.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_49.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_50.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_51.JPG

In the afternoon, we mainly played in the gully behind the lift you can see on these photos

Tubby%20Beaver_52.JPG Tubby%20Beaver_53.JPG

There were more than a few hikers making their way up the ridge line for some BC goodness

Tubby%20Beaver_54.JPG

Off the back of the top lift, Muika's Super mario tunnel is just on the left of the picture

Tubby%20Beaver_55.JPG

The Bonus level entrance is now centre field

Tubby%20Beaver_56.JPG

in the afternoon, we played in the trees in the back gully of the farthest left lift, it joined on to the Ropeway access course

Tubby%20Beaver_60.JPG

looking back up the Ropeway course

Tubby%20Beaver_61.JPG

Kiyo playing around in the natural halfpipe that is the bottom of the Ropeway course

Tubby%20Beaver_59.JPG

Tubby%20Beaver_62.JPG

TBH it was a mixed bag day.....the weather was fantastic, sunny and warm for the most part, not a lick of wind in sight. However the snow conditions left a lot to be desired. In the morning the pistes were bulletproof and I didn't really enjoy myself. But as the sun softened up the snow and conditions turned more spring like, then I started to enjoy it more. We hit up the jumps that are on the piste here, I tried to get photos but failed!! doh Then after lunch we decided to try out the gully to the left of the resort and hit paydirt. Sure the snow wasn't blower powder, was kinda heavy but soft enough to enjoy making turns where no one was playing. After a disappointing start to Tenjindaira, I finished on a high, giving me a glimpse of what this place can offer when conditons are right. The resort itself is very small, only 3 uplifts! omg but boundless opportunities just beyond the boundary fence

Yeah the views are stunning. I was just pissed off with the conditions, I reckon even the resort, with that large ungroomed slope, would be good fun on a powder day. In the end though it was enjoyable, its just you get spoiled here and when you don't get deep, fine powder snow every time, i wanna know why!! smile

Fantastic pics and thanks for sharing, TB.

Bummer on the conditons, but after a nice dump this place will bring a smile to your face.

I went twice last season and stuck out both times - super icy conditions. Might as well have gone to the ice skate rink.

The next time you think about going, keep an eye out on the forecast and when you see snow forecated for the Niigata/Gunma area just go.

sorry Thurs....I've been eating a bit too many of those giant mushrooms and couldn't fit down, maybe next year though! wink

Rob, sure mate, give me a shout if you want another bod to share petrol costs thumbsup

Think I am done for driving this season - forget how knackering it is to drive up. Also there is never a guarantee when I use the car neither, and don't like deciding on the day.

that downhill course is called Tajirisawa..

there's a "A" course and a "B" course.. when the "B" course is open one can access (er.. by ducking ropes) some relatively steep tree runs and avoid the narrow, groomed "A" course..

there really isn't much going on on the "A" course.. pretty unevenful IMHO..

Originally Posted By: Mada
that downhill course is called Tajirisawa..

there's a "A" course and a "B" course.. when the "B" course is open one can access (er.. by ducking ropes) some relatively steep tree runs and avoid the narrow, groomed "A" course..

there really isn't much going on on the "A" course.. pretty unevenful IMHO..

and thats exactly what we did! smile The upper course (A) was crap, narrow cat tracks, but Course (B) was a bit better but of course if you were to duck the rope, you had a nice open glade at the top, coming down into some nice tree runs...which lead out onto the lower slope of course A, which was the decent part of that particular run

I was using a Bombproof Olympus P&S!! smile

Unfortunately, I wasn't hiking. I definitely think that my actual riding skills are nearing that stage, but i have no idea about safety etc.....we were talking about hiring a guide soon though and getting a true taste of the action! Just amused myself with the inbounds "BC".