Canon Powershot - S90 vs G11

I tend to filter that stuff out, but presumed it was just google ads or something showing "related" ads or whatever. Don't know how all that works.

But anyway like I said, it was comparing 2 Canons so it wasn't as if he was claiming Nikon beats Canon or whatever.

Anyway. Those 2 cameras both look pretty good.

Got the S90 this morning now charging the battery.

In the shop it was clear the G11 was bigger than what I wanted.

Might head up to Yuzawa or Hakkaisan tomorrow and take some first pics.

They looked pretty good mina2.

I'm a bit tired of my Sony compact as it is just so slow shutter speed. I was in the shop the other day and noticed how much faster some of the newer ones were. Tempted myself.

Thanks for posting guys, I need a new camera myself so apprecite the info on here. My poor casio has been thrashed to death but still manages to take the odd good photo besides my ineptitude smile

wall.jpg

The water proof Olympus cameras sound great too considering how tough I can be on my equipment - boats, snow, surf etc. For those with them, what models do you have?

• 4 weeks later...

My wife bought a G11 last night. It was a toss up between the Nikon L110, Canon G11 and S90. I voted for the Nikon of cousrse, but the lens casing was too thick to make it a compact camera that would fit in a handbag.

You can go manual on the G11, but I just know she'll keep it on auto ISO, auto everything. doh

g11_586x225.jpg

I was looking at them in the shop today that G11 is considerably chunkier. The reviews seems to say there isn't much difference in picture quality and actually the prices aren't that much different.

• 4 weeks later...

Shot a coupla HD videos with the G11 and played it back on the big screen. Very nice is HD vid. And it's the only device we have which can shoot vid in HD. Looks like it'll be used more as a video camera. Seems to be so far.