Tex in Niseko 27 Jan - 2- Feb

Arrived late last night about midnight with no dramas at all with the flights and transfers all the way up. By the time we made Rusutsu Resort is was dropping big flakes, however no such luck at Niseko just yet smile

Presently very light cloud over head and on the ground, can barely see Mt Yotei and very light occaisional flurries. A bit of wind at this level so could be windy up top.

We are staying at the Landmark View and so far very impressed with the accomodation.

No real change with variable visibility, in the cloud or out. No new snow to speak of with icey small flakes making it a guess with turns on a hard packed base...

Not so sure we will see it MB. Average condtiions predicted during our stay (until monday). It's all good, nice skiing, but was really here for the light fluffy stuff. Never mind will just change the game plan a bit and hit the parks and pick the nice groomers, any snow is good snow really... smile

Thx Foxpuppet! Will hit it for sure smile

Just back in for a break. First tracks over to Hanazono. Good run in with 4-5cm on the groomers to start with. Strawberry and Blueberry were ok but not enough snow to be filling it in in there.

Light to moderate snow non stop through out the day so far. Lower run on Hirafu are pretty ugly and hard packed but found some decent stuff up off King Lift #4 that no one seemed to what any action in smile Gave that a hiding and moved on. Visibility was not too bad.

Awesome fun, should lay down some reasonable snow for us to go explore some more tomorrow. Night skiing here we come

Straight over to Higashiyama and a few runs down by the Wonderland chair rewarded us with great untracked powder. Jumped over to Annupuri as advised and had to take Gate 1 as Gate 2 and the peak were closed (though plenty ducking, we were good bunnys) Spent most of the rest of the day hitting the back bowl from Gate 1 as it was filling in nicely once it started puking for quite a while... face shots lay down powder turns nuff said will die a happy man smile

I would but unless I am doing something wrong my insider account has not been activated :( Been getting more video than stills anyway but I'll try and post some elsewhere soon...

Been dumping since we went out to dinner and at least 10cm has fallen over that time. Light dry goodness smile

OK thanks, don't know why they don't appear first time like that just using the image icon from a cut and paste of the photo properties on the forum web?

Anyway apologies to all for lack of quality and quantity, travelling with my sister and her friends so spending more time behind the camera than in front of it and most of that (nearly all) is video of them so trying trying to get some quality footage of them and JUST my own turns in is more a responsibility than I realised it could be smile

Big shout out to all helping with the advise (you know who you are) helping to make it a great trip. Being here with who I am, I am trying to show them the BETTER side of snow sports and having to tour guide in an unknown area to me and to offer the goods of what can be experienced, video AND take photos is quite a responsibility. Still having the best time in the best snow in trips from all over the world! smile

Back to Annupuri via a few runs and some nice foot deep powder around the edges to get warmed up, then Gate 1 for a run and next time up they had opened Gate 2 so we headed out there. Mid thigh goodness, thought we got some good video action but the lens was fogging up so missed most of the better shots. Ran it a couple more times and day 4 was proving to be another winner. The thighs were starting to burn pretty hard so headed in early through heavy snow, which has since given way to sunshine again. Shopping, Onsen, Dinner, Bed.

Tex_6.JPG

Tex_4.JPG

Tex_3.JPG

Tex_5.JPG

Only here until tuesday (depart in the morning) so just two days left :(

Here is some video, mostly taken later the day after I got some of the crew I was with. You can see I get pretty sloppy in there most of the time. Amazing how getting tired effects your capabilities. As usual Murphy is killing all the best stuff with hideous fogging... anyway enjoy.

Tex in Niseko http://vimeo.com/9084010

Great powder day early, hit the sides of runs around the top and Strawberry and Blueberry. Peak gate opened today with the sun coming out it was nice to see the different vistas from all the best spots. Got a bit warm down low with snow melting in the village and no new snow though out the day. Great to have a bluebird day to see around and carry a bit more speed finishing the day carving the groomers. Not much photography today to busy going down hill smile

Tex_9.JPG

Tex_8.JPG

Last day out today. More fresh powder (well we have had that just about everyday) started out via gate 5 and took a few lines down there. Spent the rest in the area taking stashes amongst trees and off the sides of runs finding plenty of untracked areas for quite a while. Heading out for a night ski later to round off the trip. All expectations fulfilled and more. Certified snow snob now, with 6 powder days in a row. Well maybe one day did not fill in real well but you could still find it. Will follow up with a run down of more logistical stuff on return home. Time has travelled fast and we have all survived uninjured and well and truely gotton fair share of burn from the turns. Though, I could easiliy stay another month or more smile

Light cloud and very little snow right now with not much falling through out the day.