Looking at the charts and JMA etc it looks like it is going to return to very cold an snowy conditions around 1-6 Feb and 8-10 Feb. Hokkaido is looking to get the best of it but there should be a return to what we saw in late december early Jan right across Honshu as well. All in all the first 2 weeks in feb look awesome. Good ridance to the ups and downs of the last 2 weeks.

Jynxx, there is a 3m+ base in Niseko. Hakuba has more. Other resorts are faring much better than last season and about average for this time of year. There have been consistent falls right through December and January. So far this season Niseko has clocked over 10m of snowfall and we havent even come close to Feb yet. December January snowfall this year has been on average if not a little above.

It is currently snowing on Hokkaido, the last few days in Niseko have seen a consistent 15-20cms and the forecasts all show that there will be consistent falls to round out January with big dumps predicted for the first 2 weeks in Feb.

Look at any of the snow cams and you will see where the 'bloody' snow is.

what more do you want?

Sometimes I wonder whether people's expectations are a bit unrealistic....

Originally Posted By: samwillis5
Jynxx, there is a 3m+ base in Niseko. Hakuba has more. Other resorts are faring much better than last season and about average for this time of year. There have been consistent falls right through December and January. So far this season Niseko has clocked over 10m of snowfall and we havent even come close to Feb yet. December January snowfall this year has been on average if not a little above.

It is currently snowing on Hokkaido, the last few days in Niseko have seen a consistent 15-20cms and the forecasts all show that there will be consistent falls to round out January with big dumps predicted for the first 2 weeks in Feb.

what more do you want?

He may be referring to Europe...which doesn't seem to have much snow.
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
It's nearly end of Jan. Were's the bloody snow ...

wow im heading to niseko/furano be there on wednesday sweeeeet and from what i am reading on snowjapans daily reports they have had a great strat to season and lets be honest from an australian snowboarder that is EPIC!!!!

what more do you want?

Any big dumps predicted for the last 2 weeks of Feb in Niseko...!? Because I'll be there biggrin wave

Apparently not. Jma website says 60 percent chance of above ave temps for last 2 weeks on feb. Can't totally go by that but first 2 weeks in feb is looking by far the best of the rest of the season if charts and forecasts anything to go by

Apparently not. Jma website says 60 percent chance of above ave temps for last 2 weeks on feb. Can't totally go by that but first 2 weeks in feb is looking by far the best of the rest of the season if charts and forecasts anything to go by

Gee, it's always liked that!! sadface

what more do you want?

Jynnx lives in Munich, so all the snow in Japanese resorts ain't much good to him

Yeah, sorry Sam for the mix up. I forgot to add "in Europe" as I normally do on my post.

In hind sight we should have planned Jan in Japan and Europe for later. But still, unless one lives where it's easy to access, you miss out on great days. If I just go by what I am reading, it's generally, hard packed, windy higher up, gets cold over night so icy in the morning, and gets wet hard packed in the afternoon on sunny slopes or icy. Italy hasn't snowed for the last 2 weeks, Austria 5cm here and there at some places, and I think it's similar in Swiss.

I hope Feb will turn out good wherever you are.

Looking at the charts and JMA etc it looks like it is going to return to very cold an snowy conditions around 1-6 Feb and 8-10 Feb. Hokkaido is looking to get the best of it but there should be a return to what we saw in late december early Jan right across Honshu as well. All in all the first 2 weeks in feb look awesome. Good ridance to the ups and downs of the last 2 weeks.

Mr Snowhunter is walking around with a smile from ear to ear after reading this. He arrives 4th Feb for 3 weeks!!