Will be in the market for new bindings very soon and dont mind spending some coin on some top end bindings that are comfortable, easy to release at the lift and comptiable with sizee 9 Ions. I dont ride park if that helpls smile

Currently riding with Drake F60 LTDs but being 9 years old they arent what they were.

Would really appreciate some input on brand and models as the choice is somewhat bewildering to say the least :)Thanks.

PS Thanks to everyone who advised me on buying the Ions - Awesome boos. Huge improvement over my old DC's.

I know of a good deal going, but I am unable to pm you the details.

SJF: I don't want to be accused of advertising or anything, so let me know if I can put the details in this post. I'm not associated with the company in any way, shape or form (they are in a different country to me), but myself and mates have bought stuff off them before and they are cheap with good service...

i've got flows, and i like them for the speed. only thing is they're 8 years old, so i'm also due for an upgrade. the new flows have a ratchet system which allows you tighten them the same as any other binding - this is a huge improvement over my version, which are a pain in the arse to set up. if you go with flows, make sure you get the ones with ratchets

otherwise, burton bindings are always good, because everyone has them and they're available everywhere - if something breaks you can get a new part easily. the top cap straps look like a good idea too

Maybe another Drake ? 9 years! I'm impressed! I hope my Drake Czar will last that long. I'm looking for something stiffer. I'm swapping between 2 boards and I want to put the Czar back on the SantaCruz Fusion TT and get a new one for my Salomom Burner. Got to have some aluminum construction. Looking at Ride SPI and Union Data. Can't find a shop that stocks them at the moment which is a problem.

The 3rd board my missus loves, Rome Vinyl has Burton Mission on it. Toe cap. Sturdy. Easy to release. no problem.

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Just emptied my PMs so can hopefully recieve them now.

Thanks Mama may well do that. Is these the ones you have?

http://www.sp-united.com/index.php?id=bindings&sub=sport

smile

These ones Pete
The sLab Brotherhood's. (in plain black and white)
http://www.sp-united.com/index.php?id=bindings&sub=bh#

Strong, lightweight, high performance and convenient. What more can ya want! thumbsup
Originally Posted By: spook
i've got flows, and i like them for the speed. only thing is they're 8 years old, so i'm also due for an upgrade. the new flows have a ratchet system which allows you tighten them the same as any other binding - this is a huge improvement over my version, which are a pain in the arse to set up. if you go with flows, make sure you get the ones with ratchets
otherwise, burton bindings are always good, because everyone has them and they're available everywhere - if something breaks you can get a new part easily. the top cap straps look like a good idea too

I have these style Flows and can't speak highly about them! Comfortable, responsive and easy to set up and adjust. I don't think I'll ever go back to the old strap system, like them much better than my Burton Cartel's which I bought new last season

K2 Cinch for me and I'll never go back to strap on style again. The best part is you don't have to sit down to clip in. A variation of the flow system where the heel section opens out and you just slot your boot in. Highly recommend!

There's so many systems and models out there. It's great and nightmarish to have these choices. A wonder though, how long will it last when it's new on the market. Untested by time is the impression I get. I do understand however good the quality control is, some people do get unlucky. And whichever product we choose, here's a thing ...

Snow built up. Unlike skis where you put them on and it stays there until it comes off, we take our back foot in and out at lifts. Whichever is your binding, you are going to get snow on the base plate, you will be banging your boots on your board and bindings to reduce this happening but still once in a while you are going to sit down and bang your boots against your bindings to get that snow out. You don't have to sit down. Bend knees or squat. Even when I do sit down, it takes like 15 sec.

I go conventional because I don't want it to break down when I am there.

Simplicity in engineering is the best!

I hear ya Jynxx, and I have just bought a pair of 09 Burton Custom bindings for my Burton Custom Board (so I would match wink ). I have used the flows and rate them highly for ease of entry, but I had never used a toe cap so got the customs instead this time round. Cheap too at $140AUD.

However I find that the Flow and even the Fastecs appeal to me because the ARE simple and functional - What breaks on them? I have already got a problem with the cheapo Burton ladder straps that get shredded pretty easy a click or two before good tension.

I had an old pair of Flows, solid and well built. Then I upgraded to the newer version with the adjustable ratchets. Unfortunately the newer version had serious reliability issues. Bits and pieces started falling off through regular use after a few trips.

I love the speed and simplicity of Flow bindings, but I have a long standing problem with the binding unlocking/popping off when landing big jumps. In one particular incident, both the bindings popped off after a hard landing and my board just came off entirely. My shin landed on the edge of my board and a strip of skin got scrapped off.. through the wear. After that incident, I relegated my Flows as lenders for friends without equipment.

I got the Burton P1 Speed Zone bindings and I'm very happy with them. It's actually a good and very reliable quick clip on system, but Burton is no longer manufacturing them for sale.

i have owned flows but would never go back to them. they stiffen the flex of the board in my experience and make the set up of the board far less versatile. for my money the extra time of tightening 'standard' bindings up is totally worth it. With any binding you need to consider how it affect the flex pattern of the board and so the bindings need to match whatever board you choose.

I heard the Burton P1 is really tough. Just looking up at reviews shows no one complaining about break or wear. There is P1.1 model but very expensive here in Europe, Like 289 Euros. Hard to find and not much chance of discounts. Ride SPI is over 210 Euros so these are expensive bindings. I'd be happy if I can find something around 150.

My advantage is I am light weight so less strain on the hardwear.

I'm still shopping around carrying my boot... Have you decided what to get Pete?

Boy, this fastek is coming out from Salomon, Voekl, etc ...

Wait a minute snowluva, IF you have flexy bindings then a lot of the movement will be absorbed by the binding movement so there will be loss of precision, feeling of contact with the board. I don't see how the flex pattern will be affected by the binding other than where you attach them. ie: center, setback stance.

Maybe for some people the flexy binding might act as a shock absorber, but the part of the hardware that's designed to do that job should be the EVA padding.

Can you explain. I'm a bit confused.