Hey girls - your Valentine budget this year is....

3020 yen.

That's what Minomonta's programme on telly just told me. Up 20% from last year, so that's good.

So 3020 yen's worth of chocolate please. We'll have none of that giri-choco nonsense in that budget please. Unless it's for me of course.

Thank you.

Papa and I didn't exchange gifts for Christmas or our 20th Anniversary because we decided that out holiday and our new boards/kit would be our gift to each other.

So I am READY TO SHOP. lol

My 'love language' is gift giving and I am feeling like I have a NEED to give a nice gift to my partner.

I am buying a watch winder/display case for his good watches.

Hope he likes that more than chocolates thumbsup

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Can't have sugar, choc and stuff at the mo.
sucks.

Yeah, why is this?

Since I have no significant other I will take some lucky random girl out who is also single! rolleyes
Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
MP, I actually used to prefer Valentine's Day when I was single. Always a great excuse to pick up some lonely girl... I do like the system here in Japan though. Getting chocolates from loads of hotties is always nice! banner

I will have to make some impressions when I am there then. I don't mind getting lots of V-day gifts from hotties smile

GG...those fancy watches that wind themselves by human motion when worn tend to stop when they are sitting in a drawer not being worn. The pic Thursday uploaded is the kind of thing I am looking at.

How have you found that one Thursday? I am looking at a few different ones - that one being one. Still can't decide whether to get a 'two' or a 'four' (he has two Rolex watches, but wants to acquire four so there is one each for the boys to inherit).

Congrats on the Anniversary GN!

I wear mine all the time, so no need for me. My wife has 2, so a 2 winder is sufficient.

I got it from a local factory who sells world wide to wholesalers. It's into its 4th generation motor. This one is silent.

You may want to look up ERS, they do a whole lot of them.

This year's Valentine day will be the anniversary of my very first day as a full-time employee of BHP, Newcastle, 44 years ago.

Apart from that, Valentine day is simply another marketing ploy to part us blokes from our cash, and to make us feel lousy when we don't spend a bucket of money on some chick! (Whether we care or not!)

The pity is that Christmas, Easter and other "religious" festivals have become the same.

My missus went on a choc binge from about a month before X'mas. I told her she could have waited till after X'mas when the chocs get heavily discounted. We are talking about lots of boxes of Lindt.

If I give her any choc now, she will tell me I am to blame to getting her fatter.

I have piltz... mushrooms in my tummy. Yeast actually.

Giving me allegy cos it produces alcohol in my system. Hence, no sugar for me.

Jynxx,

You could be a cottage industry. You can make alcohol in your body? Can I feed you sugar and run a tube to extract your alcohol. Then it will be distilled into bile flavoured vodka for the punters.