Actualloy hit double figures here for the first time since back in Early December, may even be up to 13 degrees tomorrow here.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to warm for January, but it will cool again and February looks like being much colder!

this morning in myoko was chilly, then warm in the afternoon when the sun poked it's head out. fingers crossed it doesn't get too hot tomorrow... the north faces still have plenty of nice shaded snow, but it's starting to get a bit heavy

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Last year WAS a glitch....

Niseko wasn't too bad last year. Had as much snow as this year but there were a lot more of these mild events with rain than we've seen this season.
Originally Posted By: samwillis5
Originally Posted By: snowdude
February looks like being much colder!

Snowdude, what do you base that on? Are you looking at a long range forecast?

Yeah I saw it somewhere about February being much colder than what January has been, Sorry forgot where I saw that, plus I had already said before this season started that we would be in for a very harsh winter. So far quite snowy and I think maybe colder than usual, but not super cold yet or super snowy, so I am expecting February to be colder and more snowy, otherwise it will not have been as bad as what natures signals were telling me!

JMA are forecasting below average temperatures for Northern Japan and Hokkaido at least for the first couple of weeks of Feb. For the rest of Japan they are forecasting average temps.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
JMA are forecasting below average temperatures for Northern Japan and Hokkaido at least for the first couple of weeks of Feb. For the rest of Japan they are forecasting average temps.

Good timing for my trip. Now just hoping that the precipitation comes in as well smile