• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nevermind. Found it. Canada vs Slovakia is on BS1 from 11:30. And streaming for the US game starts around 5 AM. Anything could happen but the smart money is probably on a Canada vs. US final. And then after all is said and done, gold-Canada, silver-US and bronze - um... Finland.

Originally Posted By: brit-gob
What is the meaning of 入賞 ??
Are you still that if you come 8th?

It seems that competitors who come in 4th through 8th get some kind of award certificate, called a "Victory Diploma." Hence #8 or above is 入賞.
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Some fantastically bullshit comments coming in

"If Kim wasn't there, Mao would get gold!!!"

"This is Mao's preparation for Gold in 4 years time - when she will definitely win."

lol

I, like you do not like the way media overhype their athletes and their chances of winning medals. I also do not like it when the media make excuses for those athletes.

However, with you coming from Britain I thought you would be used to it?!

I felt bad for Asada, way too much expectation. Yuna-chan is clearly the better skater, it would have been wrong if Asada had won. I reckon Asada will give up skating before too long, I dont think she can handle the pressure.

Hey TB! eff you mate we won gold in curling!!! (sorry I know its 1pm but I'm still drunk from last night!) And all you 'mericas watch out coz we gonna spank the gold right out of your smile tomorrow!) yes, i took the day off of work so I can get drunk at 5am tomorrow morning and cheer the boys!

eff everyone! (aussies too!)

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
Hey TB! eff you mate we won gold in curling!!! (sorry I know its 1pm but I'm still drunk from last night!) And all you 'mericas watch out coz we gonna spank the gold right out of your smile tomorrow!) yes, i took the day off of work so I can get drunk at 5am tomorrow morning and cheer the boys!

eff everyone! (aussies too!)

Not everyone I hope...comrade.. cheers

bit of a problem, trying to play ICE hockey on sand!

No need for the expletives - go have a sleep and come back when you're over it!

What an awesome game that was. The US team really poured their hearts into this game and entire tournament for that matter. Four years from now those young guys will mature and they will be the team to beat.

I really wish I was home (Vancouver) to join in on the celebrations. By all accounts the atmosphere in the city has been amazing for the past two weeks... after a shaky start.

14 golds...the new olympic bar... SET.