• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep..BM.. Tatado. I surf there quite a bit IF there isn't much swell. Anything head high or above it just closes out. When everywhere else is closing out then it's back to "my" point. B point in Usami...right in front of my place.

Snowjunky...it can get pretty big but nothing like the waves we had when I lived up in Sendai and believe it or not Hokkaido...epic.

C, really depends on the bottom contour there. When I first started surfing that break there was something special going on and it was goooood when it was big. I've only seen it like that once since then and it was only for a short time. I love surfing Usami when it's good there... just a shame that it doesn't happen often enough!

Originally Posted By: Black Mountain
C, really depends on the bottom contour there. When I first started surfing that break there was something special going on and it was goooood when it was big. I've only seen it like that once since then and it was only for a short time. I love surfing Usami when it's good there... just a shame that it doesn't happen often enough!

BM, Point taken on the bottom contour. Same goes for Usami beach (not the point)..every once in a while it's not bad. Billy just called for a wave report.....spectacular lake-like conditions. thumbsdown

LOL, yeah, forecast doesn't look good this week... usually things don't really start to pick up until around March... then goes flat again during rainy season! Fingers crossed for some good swell... or snow... both would be nice actually!

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Vancouver Island is awesome. If I hadn't found my little patch of paradise here I reckon I'd be there.

My wife wants to live there in the worst way. We were looking at properties on our last visit last summer....that paradise certainly comes at a premium. Like you I have my own little bit of paradise going on here in Izu.

mybeach.jpg

you live in Shimoda Chriselle? Is that Shirahama beach?
I love it down that way
  • 2 weeks later...

How this for a bit of trivia(?) for yas?

The guy who owns the local snowboard store where I used to live in Tochigi, is the Chief Tuning Technicial (Off. title) for the French National Snowboard Cross team!!

Second season on board (no pun intended) and has been attending all the World Cup events for the last 2 years. Awesome effort wouldn't you agree.

thats ny 20 cents. put it in yar book fya want. cheers.

Winter Olympic coverage in Japan is atrocious. They only show events that have Japanese competitors and of course about 80% of the coverage is devoted to figure skating. Simply terrible.

Yes that really does annoy.

I had the tv on this morning for a while and they were going on and on and on about the coverage that Japanese competitors were getting in foreign countries. WTF is that all about? Well yes I know now to expect it but..... WHY?!!?

It's not about the sports.

It's about what the foreign people think of Asada Mao.

wakaranai

Hang on a sec.....are you all suggesting there are other countries involved in the Olympics other than Japan?? I know it used to be like that but since coming to Japan I just assumed the rest of the world forfeited....Maybe I have been here too long! confused