• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cypress bowl is almost right on the ocean so they expect these things. They've closed to preserve the snow, not because of lack of it.

And Whistler's got heaps and heaps of snow this year.

Boarder cross. Very exciting. Especially watching that American girl flubbing the end of her sure gold medal by trying to be a hot dog! I actually enjoy every winter sport. Yes, even curling! Looking forward to seeing all of the events... just hope that I can find a live stream online!!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Definitely curling. Marvelous. It almost deserves it's own thread.

clap

yep, we've gotta get those nasty candians back for stealing our Curling crown....damn Canadians!!
smile

remember watching that last time...I laughed long and hard at that!! She must've been spewing!!

halfpipe is gonna be crazy. Shaun White upped the gnar bar this year by debuting a new trick, a double cork in a NZ comp, and eveyone has been running around to catch up, as its probably gonna be a deciding factor in winning.

Pro rider Kevin Pearce seriously messed himself up a couple of weeks ago trying them in practice. He recieved very serious head trauma, and that was with wearing a helmet.

Mammoth Mountain just held a halfpipe contest that secures the US team positions, and danny davis gave us a hint of what we'll be seeing in the Olympics

Ladies and gentlemen, the grarliest halfpipe run EVER

Boarder Cross thumbsup

Just to get down a boarder cross course without braking is tough. (! went into the net biggrin )Racing with 5 others in so close confinement with your line is crazy. Would like to see that with skiers lol

You can be doing everything right, and bam ! can be taken out. Love that real race element, and the Bradbury element (remember the Aussie ice skater?)

Maybe curling could learn a few lessons from boarder cross or ice hockey to make it more exciting. Full contact curling or something like that. Or maybe they could wear beach volleyball bikinis.