• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish that I had stayed in Niseko Village so that I could have gone those other days that the top lifts were not open, as could not get over from Annupuri.

Hope to hear some more reports from other SJers.

Cheers,

Originally Posted By: dyna8800
Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Yeah, theres a lot more powder at Niseko than at Rusutsu doh wink

Grin...

According to my mates who live there, all the good stuff is tracked out quickly in Niseko, and they have their secret stashes in Rutsusu or Kiroro.

Probably planning to visit Rutsusu next season.

Not all the good stuff. If you're able to access the peak there are lines off it that take many days to get tracked out assuming there's no fresh snow. Some of these areas can be accessed by other high gates other than just the peak as well. Certainly though Niseko will get tracked out quicker than Rusutsu or Kiroro.

Yes, Go Native,

Agreed, perhaps a more accurate statement is that there are more people venturing off piste in Niseko as compared to the other locations. So stuff in Niseko gets tracked out more quickly.

Wish that I had more time to explore the L Gate off Annupuri, it was only open once while I was there but I was heading back to catch a bus...

Thanks for the info Dyna. Was in Niseko the past 5 days, just came back to Tokyo. Heard about the program on this board and saw the flyers on the Niseko Village Gondola, but we decided to head up to the peak on Tuesday. Weather was great and we had a great run down to the 3rd bowl in almost perfect weather conditions. Saw some lines under the Niseko Village gondola on the way up, must have been your lines! smile

The 05/06 season was about the worst for glide cracks I can remember. The huge amounts of snow we received early season never had a chance to form a firm solid base (it was all powder) and by Jan there were massive cracks everywhere. Numerous areas around the mountain became almost unskiable.