• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys, for some reason the photos do not display properly when linked to the correct URL with the JPG, so I copied them onto another server with direct links.

They should be appearing inline now.

Thanks for all the help!

• SnowJapan Admin

The reason for that is that the mechanism we have in place is checking periodically.

We are working now to try and get this thing sorted as soon as possible as it is beginning to give us way too much hassle as well as at times cluttering up threads with red crosses and the associated talk.

doh

Sorry about the hassle.

OK, SJForums, I uploaded to my Gallery on the SJ site...now how to link? I do not see the URL for the JPG...

Also, perhaps this would be a good topic for the FAQ as it was not on there.

Thank you!

Thanks SJForums for all your assistance. Much appreciated.

Might want to put that info about how to put the photos in the Forums in the FAQ, as that was the first place that I looked for help.

I hear ya, Black Mountain...

After having gone to Niseko each year about the last 10 years or so, I really needed this experience to see new areas, it made the whole trip worthwhile.

With my snowboarding sister visiting from the States, my suggestion to go to Rutsusu was vetoed, as she first learned how to snowboard in Niseko 6 years ago and wanted to return to ride the pow.

When is the next trip planned for?

I'll be heading out for a weekend January 23-24 in Niigata/Nagano. I also just got some super excellent news about a surprise vacation in February from the 6th to 14th so I need to plan for that. Then... my spring vacation is set to start early this year from about March 13th to April 4th... I'm thinking about buying lottery tickets or something to be able to afford all the places I want to go!!

Great pic of that crevasse!

I am going to show that one to the 'Evil Knievel' of our group!! You just wouldn't see it coming would you.

Shame about your Sis vetoing Rusutsu - we had one of the best days of our trip over there - fabulous runs for snowboarders with such easily accessible powder just off to the edges and thru the tree's!

Originally Posted By: dyna8800
I hear ya, Black Mountain...
With my snowboarding sister visiting from the States, my suggestion to go to Rutsusu was vetoed, as she first learned how to snowboard in Niseko 6 years ago and wanted to return to ride the pow.

Yeah, theres a lot more powder at Niseko than at Rusutsu doh wink

Creek Boy,

Since I was doing consecutive interpretation, I usually went last.

Wish that I had brought a camera the first day, as the weather conditions were better in the morning and I was in the lead group rather than at the end.

It is probably more difficult to see how much powder there is when looking down the hill, save for the time I watched the woman skier with powder going over her head. Snorkel time!

Here is another photo, hard to see, but about knee to thigh deep on this run.

dyna8800_9.JPG

Motomura-san in the pow...

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
Yeah, theres a lot more powder at Niseko than at Rusutsu doh wink

Grin...

According to my mates who live there, all the good stuff is tracked out quickly in Niseko, and they have their secret stashes in Rutsusu or Kiroro.

Probably planning to visit Rutsusu next season.