Originally Posted By: thursday
Dunno Kraut, all my cards worked fine when I used them.

Well, I just have one card. My wife has a stack of cards, and usually all work. But see, if I change to a new card that works then I need to pay all the time.

Seriously, I got a call from my bank many moons ago and they told me my card was maybe "compromised" and they want to gave me a new card for free - which I don't want since I have plenty of autopay stuff running through it. Guess I need to bite that sooner or later.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Kraut_in_HongKong
Seriously, I got a call from my bank many moons ago and they told me my card was maybe "compromised" and they want to gave me a new card for free - which I don't want since I have plenty of autopay stuff running through it. Guess I need to bite that sooner or later.

Why worry, when the "compromised" card runs you up to or over the limit and you have no more credit - quite frankly, you're stuffed!

Just leave it, but tell us all your number and pin, so we can all get in the act! wink
  • 6 months later...

Why is it good news?

Umm.. coz plenty of people use MasterCard instead of Visa or Amex - and there will always be someone who turns up with one or two cards that don't work and be cashless.

So the more cards the stupid machine accepts the easier it is for travelers and unorganized travelers mates who end up having to help them out.

When my dad was here this March I was surprised to learn that you could use any Canadian bank card in the machines at 7-11 to withdraw cash. Not only that but the menus are offered in Chinese, Korean and English.

Times are certainly changing here in Japan wink I still remember a cashless New Years when I first got here because I was naive enough to think that ATMs would still be operating... little did I know that they would actually be closed for 4 days!!