Asked SJforums and he said he was ok with this.

For those that can go weekdays, JR East has some special internet deals going - with shinkansen and lift pass 1 day returns from 5,800.

Karuizawa Prince Hotel

Gala Yuzawa

Kagura/Tashiro/Mitsumata

Ishiuchi Maruyama

Gran Deco Resort

The only catch being that the seats are unreserved on the shinkansens. omg A small price to pay.

Originally Posted By: RobBright
Asked SJforums and he said he was ok with this.

The only catch being that the seats are unreserved on the shinkansens. omg A small price to pay.

Thanks for pointing those out. But there's another catch - the return ticket is only valid for that day. It's a 1-day deal, as you said.

Just booked one to ishiuchi maruyama - fairly straight forward if you cn read Japanese. Also can choose any shinkansen you want, so went for the two "express" ones there/back.

Next, shall be gran deco.

In my experience, unless you book ages ahead, reserved seats on the shinks with the best timing are rarely available anyway - at least at weekends. Getting jiu-seki seating is easy enough if you plan ahead and line up.

Just wish I had some weekdays free...

YES! This is the kind of 1 day trip deals that I've been looking for. I'll only be able to go on one "A day" and three "C days" in January and February because of school but I do have March 20th-28th free for some late season snowboarding smile I think I'm going to take a 6 day trip (20-25), return home to rest/recover for 2 days (26-27), and head back for a day trip if my body is feeling up to it.

EDIT: Can somebody please provide me with some details about the 4 day 10k deal? My Japanese is horrible and I can't find any info about it.