Originally Posted By: Sarge1
Giraffe, paper
Thats for days inbounds. For BC camping well:
chef, any chef will do, but he needs to be able to do cheese cake.
2 kegs of coopers
5 burner gas BBQ,
a large amount of seafood, king prawns, oysters, calamari, some ginger rice for roughage.
4 man bibler tent,
75mm thermorest mats
big chemical toilet, hate the poo tube
sat phone
HF radio
UHF radio
military GPS
hot shower
backhoe for building one kickarse igloo, kitchen area
1 zero gravity lifing disk for carrying gear

bindings, titanium bomber bishops
boots, mine are fine ta, garmont, synergy
skis, the bigbangs are fine, thanks for asking
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: RobBright

hmm, interesting. confused what is in that kit?

and how much does a hydration system hold?

About 2 liters: http://www.cascadedesigns.com/Platypus/Hands-Free-Hydration/Hoser/product

I got this as a gift: http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/product.php?catname=Ultralight&prodname=Ultralight%20&%20Watertight%20.5&product=121#

Has the following items:

Bandage Materials
4 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, 1" x 3"
2 Bandage, Adhesive, Fabric, Knuckle
2 Bandage, Butterfly Closure
1 Bandage, Conforming Gauze, 2"
2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 2" x 2", Pkg./2
2 Dressing, Gauze, Sterile, 3" x 3", Pkg./2
1 Dressing, Non-Adherent, Sterile, 3" x 4"

Blister / Burn
11 Moleskin, Pre-Cut & Shaped

Instrument
3 Safety Pins
1 Splinter Picker/Tick Remover Forceps

Medication
2 After Bite Wipe
2 Antihistamine (Diphenhydramine 25 mg)
2 Ibuprofen (200 mg), Pkg./2

Other
1 Aloksak Waterproof Bag, 4.5" X 7"

Wound Care
3 After Cuts & Scrapes Anethestic/Antiseptic Wipe
1 Tape, 1/2" x 10 Yards
1 Tincture of Benzoin Topical Adhesive, Vial
2 Triple Antibiotic Ointment, Single Use

Mostly gloves, hat and other stuff for the kid to put on and take off frequently during the day. Plus Pocari Sweat, sunscreen, band-aids, hokensho and digicam. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, candy for energy boosts as needed.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
At resorts I never have a pack, only when I go backcountry.

I have only taken my backpack one day - RUSUTSU - and that was just because we were going for the day, and uncertain as what to expect - so I packed a few extra midlayers for the kids, glove liners, protein bars, wallet - forgot the camera! - LOL.

Snow Huntress - I stacked it with the backpack - especially in the powder, I didnt notice it being any worse or better with it on. Only thing I paid attention to was making sure it wasn't attached to anything before attempting to get off the lifts.

I always ride with a backpack/camelbak combo. It holds 2 liters of water (or your liquid of choice) and is easily accessible. Typically I'll go through the whole reservoir in a day. I'm also a big fan of having the back pack to hold my crap such as extra layers, glove liners, beanie, etc. Works out well and it's not to heavy.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
I always ride with a backpack/camelbak combo. It holds 2 liters of water (or your liquid of choice) and is easily accessible. Typically I'll go through the whole reservoir in a day. I'm also a big fan of having the back pack to hold my crap such as extra layers, glove liners, beanie, etc. Works out well and it's not to heavy.

Definitely gotta have the camelback bladder in there. I put my bladder into any backpack, usually works real well.

Also sometimes on special occasions I fill that bladder with fermented liquid. wink

If in-bounds just a bottle of water and maybe a snack of some sort in a pocket.

If going real out of bounds, backpack with shovel, probe, water, some bigger snacks an extra warm layer because I hate being cold.

Originally Posted By: ger
Originally Posted By: thursday
camera, lenses, walkie talkie, phone, most important... beer.

Beer in your rucksack. ha ha.

they don't last long. And you never know when you'll need them.

Missus carries the backpack with brodzeit sandwitchs and stuff because she doesn't fall down like I do. (she has been boarding since 14)

I just have dried fruit and nuts, choc, tissues in my pocket.

Camel back might be a good idea. Saves spending money on water on the mountains. I don't get very thirsty during the day though.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Camel back might be a good idea. Saves spending money on water on the mountains. I don't get very thirsty during the day though.

Then you could fill it from the tap, no point in paying for bottled water! Mostly comes from the same source anyway!

I've never had mine freeze. The bladder stays warm since it's inside the backpack. On mine the tube also has some insulate around it. Occasionally it will freeze a little bit around the bite valve, but it's never prevented me from getting water. If it's super cold I think the secret is to blow the water back into the bladder leaving none in the tube. Then it should be 0 problems. But I've never been in weather that cold yet.

Originally Posted By: SantaCruz
I've never had mine freeze. The bladder stays warm since it's inside the backpack. On mine the tube also has some insulate around it. Occasionally it will freeze a little bit around the bite valve, but it's never prevented me from getting water. If it's super cold I think the secret is to blow the water back into the bladder leaving none in the tube. Then it should be 0 problems. But I've never been in weather that cold yet.

This is exactly what most people don't do. You have to blow the water back in. My roommate has been complaining about his freezing forever until I saw him not blowing it back. You just have to force it back down to the bladder is all.
Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
supposedly drinking American beer is like making love in a canoe

its f^^king close to water lol

Bah, Budweiser is trash. Good microbreweries are where it's at. If you haven't had a Long Trail IPA, Redhook Blond, or a Moose Drool I pity you.

Joke is funny because it definitely applies to the major producers of beer in America. biggrin