80's > 90's > Noughties > ??

bit OT, but I suspect the bulk music of the noughties will be forgotten very soon (if not already)

The 60's -> 90's produced a lot of hits that will be remembered as classics for ever and a day.

On the other hand, the nouhties has created a 'disposable' Y-gen mentality, and a lot of disposable music too.

I suspect in 10 years from we will look back at the Noughties, and it will be quite difficult to remember more than a handful of memorable classics

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
bit OT, but I suspect the bulk music of the naughties will be forgotten very soon (if not already)

The 60's -> 90's produced a lot of hits that will be remembered as classics for ever and a day.

On the other hand, the nuaghties has created a 'disposable' Y-gen mentality, and a lot of disposable music too.

I suspect in 10 years from we will look back at the Naughties, and it will be quite difficult to remember more than a handful of memorable classics

What do you mean? Lady GaGa, Lil Wayne, Miley Cyrus...musical creativity is at an all time high! rolleyes
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
80's and 90's fine but after that these nicknames are very tedious.

true enough - it's becoming a yawn