Originally Posted By: tripler
how very Japanese - they've make a simple thing ridiculously complicated and inconvenient. Reminds me of how every time I'm on a local train it stops at some random station for 20 mins, then it stops somewhere else and reverses for 1 minute, stops again and RE-reverses. All part of the schedule. WHY? Oh yeah, 'cos it's Japan...

Don't you hate that.
You go overseas and it's just not like home. stir
Originally Posted By: charlotte
Sometimes I wonder why some people stay living in Japan when they seem to hold so much of the ways of doing things here in such contempt and dislike so much of it.

SOME of us didn't have much choice in the matter. We were shipped off by SWMBO, like modern-day convicts. Forgive us if we sometimes hanker after the mother country a bit. But the fact that we didn't die on the passage, pretty much in shackles (they call them seat belts these days), means we're made of strong enough stuff to build a new life in this barren land.
thanks, stemik. Shame they can't do it on the spot. Can it be ordered by phone or online? Sorry for all the questions but I am seriously thinking of getting one.

When I had a Nozawa pass they would give me free day passes until I recieved my season pass. I got the same deal in Myoko. Im sure if you hand over 8 sheets, theyll give you a day pass to somewhere
Originally Posted By: wattiewatson
When I had a Nozawa pass they would give me free day passes until I recieved my season pass. I got the same deal in Myoko.

Wow, that was very nice of them. Shiga Kogen said there was no way to get the money back if you bought day tickets while waiting the one week for them to laminate the season pass. Laminating takes 30 secs but I forgot you've got to let the machine warm up for 10 mins first. So I guess one week is fair enough.
Originally Posted By: wattiewatson
When I had a Nozawa pass they would give me free day passes until I recieved my season pass. I got the same deal in Myoko.

Wow, that was very nice of them. Shiga Kogen said there was no way to get the money back if you bought day tickets while waiting the one week for them to laminate the season pass. Laminating takes 30 secs but I forgot you've got to let the machine warm up for 10 mins first. So I guess one week is fair enough.

I always wanted to ride shiga but enjoyed nozawa / suginohara so much that I never got up there. I lived in Iiyama and always thought I would burn a tank of gas just getting up there!

Update

80,000 yen season ticket includes Shiga, Nozawa and Happo (not the rest of Hakuba). Takes one week to order by mail, paying the postman. Or 2 days if applying in person.

65,000 yen for Happo only

48,000 yen for Happo only, weekdays only

Takes a few hours applying in person but they give you a day ticket while you wait.

35,000 yen for Cortina only