How much are Shiga Kogen season passes for individual lift companies and where can you buy them?

I use one which doesn't work on the far left and right of the resort. I'd like to maybe buy my own one for the missing areas but have no idea about prices and haven't seen any info on it in the ticket offices.

I don't really understand your question, perhaps I'm missing the point.

Shiga Kogen season passes for individual resorts (eg. Yakebitaiyama) do not exist.

A lift ticket at Shiga Kogen is valid at all of the lifts in the entire Shiga Kogen area - from Okushiga Kogen to Shibutoge.

The only "individual" tickets that float around, to my knowledge, are the ones each resort uses for promotional purposes (ie lift tickets given away).

But any ticket you buy at Shiga Kogen will be valid on all resort areas, apart from nighta which is per resort.

The one you are currently using is probably a staff lift pass or a pass issued to a hotel/pension which can be used in only a certain area or on certain lifts. Never heard of them being available to private individuals but if you contact the individual lift company you may get lucky.

Originally Posted By: KRUSTY
The one you are currently using is probably a staff lift pass or a pass issued to a hotel/pension which can be used in only a certain area or on certain lifts.

Yes, that's what I'm using. Guess I'll try talking to the lift company. I am working in Shiga Kogen for the season, don't know if that gives me any more right to one.

Hey Tripler, Ive worked in S.K for a few seasons although it was many years ago and depending on which kind of company your working for they may have tickets for other areas as well. The lift company I use to work for there had staff passes available for just their own lifts and also different passes for other areas if thats where you wanted to go. Other resorts Ive worked at in Japan that had lifts owned by different companies also worked this way. Also our manager had a couple of cards that he let us use that gave us free passes anywhere in Nagano Ken.

But like iiyamadude says ask the people in Shiga Kogen as they are they are the only ones who can really answer your question.

thanks, Krusty. I talked to a liftie and they said they have a few all-area passes and the rest are restricted access. But I'm not working on the lifts. If my company has any all-area ones, they're keeping them to themselves. Not a massive deal as the area I've got is pretty massive. Just wouldn't mind paying a bit to get the rest if it's not too expensive.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
what area is it that you have access to Tripler?

Everything from Sun Valley to Ichinose with a bit of Yakebitaiyama. Basically don't have the far left and right - Okushigakogen and Yokoteyama - and can't use the shuttle bus. Most business season tickets are restricted access. Seems like it's not possible to buy the missing areas individually.

Standard season season ticket is 80,000 yen. It takes a week to arrive and includes Nozawa Onsen and Hakuba. Does anyone know if the "early bird" season tickets on sale in Hakuba in October for 60,000 yen included Nozawa Onsen and Shiga Kogen?
Originally Posted By: tripler
Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
what area is it that you have access to Tripler?

Does anyone know if the "early bird" season tickets on sale in Hakuba in October for 60,000 yen included Nozawa Onsen and Shiga Kogen?

No they don't
Originally Posted By: tripler
Happo, Goryu or Cortina.

for happo then it takes a few days to process. the building you need to go to is opposite the Happo information and bus station.

how very Japanese - they've make a simple thing ridiculously complicated and inconvenient. Reminds me of how every time I'm on a local train it stops at some random station for 20 mins, then it stops somewhere else and reverses for 1 minute, stops again and RE-reverses. All part of the schedule. WHY? Oh yeah, 'cos it's Japan...

Sometimes I wonder why some people stay living in Japan when they seem to hold so much of the ways of doing things here in such contempt and dislike so much of it.

Some people seem to be in a permenant state of "anger" with all the "stupidness" around them, while everyone probably just looks on wondering what makes them so bitter.

And no I'm not suggesting that people accept everything without question etc etc.

I can perhaps understand it if they are Charisma Man of course wink