I found a bar in Ichinose called Chappy, at the back of one of the Yamazaki stores. Was closed yesterday morning but I could see a dart board through the window. Someone recommended Rocky, also in Ichinose, though it descibes itself as a cafe and restaurant. Across the street there's a place with a sign about "ethnic beer rest" or something, though it looked more like a hamburger joint than a bar.

Shiga Kogen nightlife - "makes Niseko look like a graveyard"

[disclaimer - I've never been to Niseko]

Hey TB, you lucky bugger being at SK during big dumps.

What's your favourite area so far?

My crew will be there in around 5 weeks & hoping to get conditions like you have.

Found a great tree run. Take the quad (no. 26) on the left of Ichinose. Get off on the right and 100 meters down the cat track you'll see tracks off into the forest. Huge area.

tripler_11.JPG

Helpful sign to tell you where to tree run is.

tripler_12.JPG

Steeper than it looks, no risk of getting stuck.

tripler_13.JPG

More space than it looks, easy to get around.

Originally Posted By: snowjunky
Hey TB, you lucky bugger being at SK during big dumps.
What's your favourite area so far?
My crew will be there in around 5 weeks & hoping to get conditions like you have.

It was absolutely awesome!! The snow was out of this world. we got there about 1.30pm on the 30th and it was beautiful blue skies with the slopes looking ok. we had some lunch then checked in at 3pm. My gfriend was a total Noob, hence why we didn't rush for a half day ticket, so I gave her a crash course by walking up the Takamagahara slope instead of buying a lift ticket. She nailed her turns after an hour...I was gobsmacked!! We decided to get a Nighta ticket and I was well surprised at how good the snow condition was. It was quality corduroy. My gf had no problem getting off her first lift, much to my amazement and she was linking turns on her first run down....again mouth agaping!! I was really hoping for the dumpage that had been promised and when I woke up the next morning I admit to being slightly disappointed, there was only about 5-10cms......but its was still snowing and I didn't need to wait long before it started puking down. That was on for 2 days and the snow was unbelievable!! Due to my gfriend being a total noob, I didn't get to explore as much as I'd want, but with the snow we had there were plenty of powder action by the side of the pistes. I loved the Tani no Mori area, runs are quite short but with the pockets of trees in the area, there is ample powder to ride. Knee deep turns kept me well happy. Ichinose Diamond was cool as well, a big open field with ungroomed areas to the very left and right of the slope (well maybe it was only because of the snow that it seemed ungroomed). Yakebitai was quality as well, coming off the top of the gondola, follow the red run to the right that runs down the ridge, about half way down is a closed off red run that was pristine until i slashed my way down it, coming right out at the restaurant at the Ichinose side of Yakebitai.

The snow stopped on the 2nd and the winds were strong so it blew a lot of powder around the place. The day we left, the snow had started again and there didn't seem to be many people out, i was hurting at having to leave the place.

I love Shiga Kogen!!!
smile