So heading to Hakuba the day after tomorrow. And i know there are lots of resorts in that area. I like big mt back country any suggestions on what resort will work for my style best? and am not a big fan of park. Any helpful advise will help. thanks.

As these new fangled searching "engines" are rather complex, here is my contribution.

Of course being a pie, it's my bag. Even though not my favourite kind of pie.

Here is a mince pie.

open_crumbling_mince_pie.jpg

Quote:
A mince pie (sometimes also minced, minced meat, or mincemeat pie) is a British festive sweet pastry, traditionally consumed during the Christmas and New Year period. Mince pies normally have a pastry top, but versions may also be found without the top in which case they are known as mince tarts. Mince pies are filled with mincemeat – a preserve typically containing apple, dried fruits such as raisins and sultanas, spices, and either suet or vegetable shortening.

Ohh i read the details but for some reason fruity meat just doest seem right. but i guess its probably one of those things you have to try to find the glory in, so i dunno. Either way. after a long bus ride. getting dropped off on the side of the road at 5 am in some random place.. and the use of my little Japanese in order to figure out how to get to my hostel. i have made it. waiting to check in and heading to happo hopefully with in the hour. I AM SO READY!!!!

ohh, i read wrong.. whoops.. lol still then whats up with"filled with mincemeat – a preserve typically containing apple, dried fruits such as raisins and sultanas, spices, and either suet or vegetable shortening." i undserstand its not meat but why the name "mincemeat" just kind of miss leading.. smile

yes it is, which is why we call them Fruit Mince pies in Australia thumbsup

We call ground beef, minced beef - so by that definition of the word mince - translate that to a similar process/look but with dried fruits/apple and spices, whack the mixture inside a nice shortcrust pastry and there you have it.

Some love them, some hate them. REAL homemade ones are great, but store bought are gross - I can taste the chemicals in them, and one particular brand must have ridiculously high sulphate levels because it sets off an asthma attack in me every time I so much a taste one.

One of the Christmas Faire treats that I can leave.

Happo was great today!!! well it was dumping pretty much most of the day so visibility wasn't the best. and once i fell knocking my goggles off, i pretty much had to hurt more poor eyes, by going goggle less. but i cant get over how fast the snow is here. back home the snow is much much more wet and sticky, and there is no way i could go as fast as i could today. Either way it was a great day. back country guides eh? ill have to ask around about that one.

And check. will try fresh home made mince pies the 1st time i get a chance.....

and also, going back to happo one in the morning.. it should be mostly clear and greatness. but anyways looking for some tree runs, any ideas of what lifts or sides of the lifts are safe to dip on into the trees for some good freshies??

Originally Posted By: Campa
Happo was great today!!! well it was dumping pretty much most of the day so visibility wasn't the best. and once i fell knocking my goggles off, i pretty much had to hurt more poor eyes, by going goggle less. but i cant get over how fast the snow is here. back home the snow is much much more wet and sticky, and there is no way i could go as fast as i could today. Either way it was a great day.

Hopefully it actually gets cold this coming week and you get to enjoy some real Japow. The stuff you had today would probably be considered a little wet and sticky for Japan.

Good to hear you're enjoying it though cheers