Having to listen to J-pop or silly interviews - which is worse?!

I don't know if it was just because it was Christmas day, but today at Gala there was as much silly talking and 'interviews' with people on the speakers as there was music.

I don't know which is worse, the J-pop music or listening to someone being interviewed about what they had for lunch whilst at a ski resort.

( For those interested, the curry rice seemed to be popular. doh )

I found myself almost wishing to be treated to the usual Last Christmas and other 80's and before Christmas songs. Maybe not.

crappy music or the sounds of interviews.. both are dreadful choices..

whatever happened to just enjoying the natural sounds of mountain?

Japanese resorts in general have terrible music playing over the loud speakers, but GALA takes it to another level in terms of piss poor music selection.. actually, it's not even music, it's audio pollution..

Snow jammed firmly into your ears might do the trick... singing your favourite song at the top of your lungs as you bomb down the hill would also work (until you get a sore throat). I can't stand music on the hill... sad state of affairs.

Actually while I did not like the music they played, at least the speaker system was ok and the sound quality was ok. The worst offender I know in terms of simply awful speakers is Maiko. Last season I went there once and it was a distorted loud mess, I wanted to find the cables and snip them.

j-pop every single time - it's bad enough anyway but when you have shitty little speakers on the chairlift, and crap acoustics, it really makes me want to scream.

interviews - well easy enough just to ignore them.

Originally Posted By: muikabochi

I don't know which is worse, the J-pop music or listening to someone being interviewed about what they had for lunch whilst at a ski resort.
( For those interested, the curry rice seemed to be popular. doh )

Understanding japanese is a terrible thing. biggrin

Anyway, the solution is to bring your own music.