• No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

New movie The Box

Quote:
Norma and Arthur Lewis, a suburban couple with a young child, receive a simple wooden box as a gift, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger, delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. But, pressing this button will simultaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world; someone they don't know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their possession, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the cross-hairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity.

What would you do?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you probably believe in fairies, Santa, lottery winner stories and the benevolence of government, too!

What a dramatic way of asking whether you'd rather a million bucks or someone's life you don't know. As if someone would ever give you that choice!

thats not really the point though JA. Why not suspend reality for a second and give us the benefit of your moral wisdom.... push or no push?

tough one......obviously I don't want to cause the death of someone else, BUT that person is unknown to me, I would have no knowledge of whether they actually died or not, hmmmm......flipping back and forward just now....decide later biggrin

Point? what is the point of so stupid a question?

AFAI care, the other person is of no relevance. Far more relevant is whether I believe that this box will actually deliver - FWIW I don't believe it will so the rest of the question is pointless.

but then, I'm a BOF! AND proud of it!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Why not suspend reality for a second

Why? Reality is for real! this is just a "Womens Weekly" poll - or maybe a New Idea one! (If you don't know, WW is an Oz women's magazine that does this sort of crap survey all the time where there is no right answer and the results are almost guaranteed to piss you off. and New Idea is a mag with the "real" name of No Idea!)
Originally Posted By: JA
Why not suspend reality for a second

Why? Reality is for real! this is just a "Womens Weekly" poll - or maybe a New Idea one! (If you don't know, WW is an Oz women's magazine that does this sort of crap survey all the time where there is no right answer and the results are almost guaranteed to piss you off. and New Idea is a mag with the "real" name of No Idea!)

well don't post then if it makes you so uptight. ts just been added for a bit of lighthearted relief, not your bag then you don't have to play
Originally Posted By: RobBright
How old is this question?

do a search for the twilight zone .

Thanks. Its kind of interesting to see how the story has developed.

First printed in 1960s Playboy. Sounds intelligent and pretty good.

Second on flagging-by-that-time tv show. Dumbed down, new ending disowned by author.

Third by 2009 Hollywood. Dumbed down, padded out with lots of New Age mumbo jumbo.

Lots of big names used to write for Playboy. Tom Wolfe, Hunter, Mailer, maybe even Kerouac, I don't remember. It was pretty high brow anyway.
Originally Posted By: thursday
in fact. I'd pay 1000Yen to do it.

OK, I'll take your money - no guarantees that the button will work, though!

well don't post then if it makes you so uptight. ts just been added for a bit of lighthearted relief, not your bag then you don't have to play

Nah, not uptight about it, but don't quite see the lighthearted bit. If you'd notice, I didn't vote. Just stir ing the pot a bit.
Originally Posted By: thursday
I think the "Absolutely nothing don't be ridiculous" votes are from those who are into reality and nothing else. In which case, why read this thread and why vote?

Any insights?

My take - I'm interested in reactions from people, so I stir a bit and see what rises to the top.