The snowfall as it happened in Yuzawa (vids of the snow falling)

• SnowJapan Moderator

I have uploaded a few videos of the recent snowfall in Yuzawa.

18th December 2009

http://www.snowjapan.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=6e89aec274a3657558a2

21st December 2009

http://www.snowjapan.tv/view_video.php?viewkey=28732c23cc7352950e88

[it seems that our embed code isn't quite working, so for now they are links direct to our snowjapan.tv site. We will be working to fix that]

• SnowJapan Admin

Well we have these files prepared each day so will upload them from time to time when there's interesting stuff on there.

What do you think about the right speed or perhaps use more files to make it slower/longer?

• SnowJapan Admin

Because it is a different website, a completely different application on a different server. Security as well.

It only takes literally seconds to sign up over there if you want to.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
Well we have these files prepared each day so will upload them from time to time when there's interesting stuff on there.

What do you think about the right speed or perhaps use more files to make it slower/longer?

I thought it was pretty much on the money. Don't want it looking too much just like a continuos movie, I like the stop-start movement that you get with time delay (is that wot its called?) filming

And so very effective for displaying very slow motion effects. These are awesome, SJ. Keep 'em coming!

Oh, can you do the same for other places? or is this the only cam you actually own?

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks. That's the only one that we own and control I'm afraid (it's looking out of the office window) so all we can do is perhaps show some resorts and suggest it - in fact I think my colleague has, though I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. wink

We'll upload some every now and again and post here.

Originally Posted By: SJForums
... though I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. wink

We'll upload some every now and again and post here.

Yeah, blue is not my favourite colour, at least not for face anyway. Still, it's certainly worth asking, not asking means you've already accepted a negative response.

Keep 'em coming! As I said before, they are awesome!

Furano cams are 1 sec refresh IIRC, so ALMOST full motion, they don't dramatise the day's events as much as the one SJ posted.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SnowJapan Admin