It used to be:

Deep Breathing so I didn't strangle the bear cubs who never seem to know where they put anything!

Stretches up and down while I locate all their lost ski gear and layer it on their cranky little bodies.

Arm Exercises doing up their laces one after the other.

And a bit of Cardio running back and forth up and down the stairs finding all the stuff they left in their rooms before coming down to get dressed.

Now that they are a bit older, and they all have BOA lacing boots I am hoping that I can replace that with a coffee, a few gentle stretches, a short walk to the piste/lifts and a gentle first run of the day. thumbsup

lol I can dream cant I?!

The reality charlotte is I am still stressing from getting them all out the door and then I have to chase them down the piste! No easy first runs when there are bear cubs to keep tabs on.

But I wouldn't change it for the world.

It certainly is much more civilized when just Papa and I go though lol

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
It used to be:
Deep Breathing so I didn't strangle the bear cubs who never seem to know where they put anything!
Stretches up and down while I locate all their lost ski gear and layer it on their cranky little bodies.
And a bit of Cardio running back and forth up and down the stairs finding all the stuff they left in their rooms before coming down to get dressed.

Now that they are a bit older, and they all have BOA lacing boots I am hoping that I can replace that with a coffee, a few gentle stretches, a short walk to the piste/lifts and a gentle first run of the day. thumbsup

lol I can dream cant I?!

Wow! Exactly the same routine. Imagine the odds. I finish it off with a round of teeth clenching while muttering..."This is fun,,This is fun...THIS IS FUN! Coffee and gentle stretches are a ways off yet. cheers

Put skis in the car and drive to the ski jo!

As I anyway exercise I don't do anything special before I ski.

However I will do some extra stretches and knee bends etc before I hit the slopes this week as will be my first ski of this season, otherwise after that nothing extra!

30 minutes of Yoga and stretching.

Organic breakfast and 1 litre of virgin melted snow/water.

A 2 km run in boots up and down hotel stairs.

1 km in the pool.

Gear on and instead of getting on the lift squat jumps to the top of the mountain. rollabout

Or I could just roll out of bed have a durrie get dressed and get on the lift. wink

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Drive 2.5-3 freaking hours to nearest ski area.
Quite ready to go by then.

Oh, poor you! Fancy having to drive 3 hours!!!

My nearest would be 8 hours, and that's VERY ordinaire! - Like two runs at very easy green/absolute beginner slopes!

To get to a decent slope, I have 8 hours, plus an overbnight and a couple hours next morning.

Mama has it FAR worse than me, though! She has a longish flight across the entire country, then another flight to the snow.

See - the things we do to undulge our passion!

nah...not that bad JA ...

Easy enough if I hop a plane Perth to Canberra (quicker than your 8 hour drive) and then after faffing around at Canberra Airport I can be at Thredbo in 2.5 hours.

Don't usually do it that way though because the only direct flight from Perth is an afternoon one which means it is dark when ya get in - lots of roo's on the drive up...so we take a room in Canberra and get an early start in the AM.

Come to think of it ----> THAT's a hell of a warm up in itself isn't it!

[Although not that different from Black Mountains journey up to Niseko]

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
It used to be:

lol I can dream cant I?!

rollabout rollabout

Always a token effort at stretching ham strings, Quads, lower back upper back and obliques before the first run (3 x 20 seconds each minimum). Usually give them all another go after the first EASY run or two. Same again after any reasonable break during the day

Nothing worse than sitting out a week or more with a simple strain that could have been avoided by warming up and stretching. Unless you are in the snow for a whole season how can you afford not to warm up/stretch...

even if you are.....

You guys know don't you that it has been pretty comprehensively shown that stretching before exercise does not help in preventing soreness or injury? A big study in the US was realeased earlier this year about it.