Avatar movie in 3d, nagano or surrounding areas

Heya, all.

Got a question about the upcoming movie. I am looking for a cinema around Nagano that is featuring the 3d version of Avatar. Was kinda down due to the fact that it is a modern cinema here in Nagano.

I called the Nagano grand cinema and they only have it in 2d. Was kinda down due to the fact that it is a modern cinema here in Nagano.

I am willing to travel to other areas to get to see the movie.

Any movie buffs here have any info. Would be grateful for help.

Thanx,

Frank

Some of my friends went to see it here in Perth in 3D yesterday - one of whom promptly went home and threw up - apparently the whole 3D effect gave her vertigo and upset her stomach!

I think I will settle for watching it in 2D.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Some of my friends went to see it here in Perth in 3D yesterday - one of whom promptly went home and threw up - apparently the whole 3D effect gave her vertigo and upset her stomach!

I think I will settle for watching it in 2D.

soft! the 3d isn't as good as i thought it would be

My mate watched it and he thought it was amazing, but I didn't know what it was about so I asked him, this is what he said....

Quote:
Dances with Wolves meets Return of the Jedi and mix in a little preachyness about the evils of excess and corporatism with 9-11 imagery and commentary on the US wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam and the Phillipines topped with some thinly veiled allusions to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict acted out by aliens

hmmm.....think I'll give it a miss

hmm the cynics are out in force. If you don't deeply analyse the movie, criticizing, critiquing and drawing parallels you will enjoy a thoroughly entertaining 2.5 hours.

I thought it was brilliant - not perfect, but lots of fun.

If Star Wars came out today, it would be exactly the same, the same intellectual types would draw parallels to the USA and the Empire and the rebel alliance slash taliban/Palestinians blah blah blah etc etc knocking and bashing it.

Jeez just sit back and be entertained once in a while.

just got around to watching it in telesync :ninja:. I would like to see it in 3d though. Not a bad flick. I reckon I will have an excuse to make a weekend trip out to Tokyo and place that on the list of things to do.

I found the theater in Okaya but it is out in the middle of nowhere. No sense making a 4 hour round trip just to see the movie.