It's a generation thang. She wears them low herself.

It's one thing to have baggy pants, and another when your cracks or undies are showing with your pants half way down ya leg. That can't be comfortable. It'll restrict your movement for sure .

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to be trendy now, not only on the slopes...

It's not really my thing, but I am definetly no fashion statement myself....

I tend to stick with practical, regardless of where I am.

I agree with mammabear, snow down the back of my pants, while it may initially not feel too bad, would get a little uncomfortable over the course of the day.

It's good for a lagh on the slopes though, checking out the "fashionable" gear.

John.

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
I wear mine snowboard pants baggy cos I am all padded up.
The only annoying thing is I step on my pants when I'm walking.

Funny this pants business. In the 70's I'm wearing Bell Bottoms, pants are tight and up ya crotch and I even heard propaganda "Jeans were created that way by USSR to keep the American men's semen count low" lol
People pulling their pants up then. Now my missus is always pulling my pants down. Maybe we all wear Kilts.

ooooooooooohhhh!! a little too drafty for this scotsman!! and imagine stacking it in a pile of powder...all kinds of frozenness going on there!! smile

I've seen people riding in kilts at Glenshee in Scotland.

Its a little known fact that the baggy pants started in US Prisons where the prison issued pants which were too large and when the OG's got released they carried the fashion with them to the street. From there it just took off via MTV etc.

I love riding with heaps of room in my pants but like others my pants get destroyed on the bottoms when Im walking in them. Doesnt look easy to take them up.

Anyone aware of a brand that does different leg lengths?

They do different length in regular pants that are made to lowride, but I am not sure about snowboard pants. I think the idea is it looks cool to have it all bunched up in layers around your ankles...

The new pants the kids bought yesterday have adjuster cords in the pockets - and I think I heard them talking about adjusting the leg fit with them, but I wasnt paying much attention. Will check it out over the next few days and let you know if it is for that.

I shoulda tooken a picture of the jeans I saw in a store in J-land early this year. ('twas in Fukuoka, in fact!)

The silk undies were zippered to the top of the jeans, so they LOOKED like the jeans were about to fall off, but there was no way!

I wisH I'd took the piccy!

Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
This one

BREAST MEN. When shopping in the supermarket, miss out the first aisle so that you are going against the flow.

ARSE MEN. Follow the usual route.

Good advice for breastmen Bags but what happens if your usual root shops elswhere? naughty