09/10 Season Japan Crazy Snow Photo Contest

Definitely more regular and for now I would say more than average.

I will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out.

It was on the local news that after this cold snap there would be less snow than usual. But they said that at tbe beginning of the season as well didn't they.

smile

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: SKI
Danger!! He's in for some real trouble if that breaks off and falls on top of him.

would be comedy gold to watch though!! (as long as he survives ok of course!!)

I'm heading up to Yuzawa tomorrow, think I'm hitting Ishiuchi for a bit of a change from the usual kagura/Naeba
Originally Posted By: joshnii
from muikabochis latest

muikabochi_2110.JPG

Okay this is WAY BY FAR my favourite. How many things can go wrong in this photo! I just can't believe it. veryshocked

Muikabochi you didn't just stage this photo to give us all a HUGE laugh did you???

Speaking of people standing on snow clearing roof's...

We got chatting with the young Aussie barman working at The Brick one night last week - the young fella had been in Niseko for just a couple of days - first time he had seen snow... COOL...

The the next day (or day after that) we were wandering past and saw him on the roof shoveling the snow THREE STOREYS UP!

Talk about a baptism of fire (or should that be POWDER)!!

I saw some quality pic opportunities yesterday at ishiuchi Maruyama,, guy on top of a lodge roof shovelling snow...he was a speck compared to the metres of snow that towered above him!! Unfotunately i didn't have my camera

sadface

Ok not as crazy as Muika-san's roof photo but this is the main lift from the top of the gondola at Happo-one

stemik_18.JPG

Look Closely at what machine the guy is using...

stemik_19.JPG

Yes, he is using a snow blower on the roof!

stemik_20.JPG

Oh and i met some crazy frogs as well

stemik_21.JPG

Originally Posted By: stemik
Ok not as crazy as Muika-san's roof photo but this is the main lift from the top of the gondola at Happo-one

That's the quad going up to Virgin, yeah? Looks very familiar yet somehow different. Did they build a new roof or something?

Snow blower on the roof! lol That guy's seriously lost it. Nice pics.

muikabochi_2110.JPG

Why stand on the roof and push it off with a scoop when you can stand atop on a ladder underneath it all and pull at it with your arms? What a berk!

I had five feet on my storehouse until last weekend. I was tempted to just leave it but the forecast is for rain tomorrow and I was worried about the extra weight. The mother and the kids are on their roof all the time next door, so I also felt a bit ashamed about just leaving it.

That snowblower on the roof is mad as well!

I assume that roof has things on it to stop the snow sliding (at least I hope it does!) which is one reason it has built up so much, note the roof behind has slid. Still not a job I'd want to do!